Newbie Buying Advice - GT / GT4 / facelift

Rooste

Alright guys, after a couple of test drives I have decided "I have definitely got to get me one of these!"

I am up in aberdeen where there aint much for sale at the moment but am heading down to Manchester at the end of the week for a few days so am planning viewing a few.

Basically I am looking for a black GT coupe in the £10 to 15k region. This seems to mean a choice between either a

05 GT model for around the £12+k mark

or

05 GT4 / 06 GT facelift for £14+

Is the GT4 worth the 1-2k premium it seems to have over the 05 GT? Or is the facelift a better upgrade? Or are the differences insignificant?

And is high mileage an issue to be avoided? I know with 4wd jap 2l turbo's high mileage is more critical but is this also the case for a big V6 or is good servicing all that is needed?

i would say that the GT4 is more exclusive hence the price increase. also does boast the 300bhp engine earlier than the preface lifts. however will not have the facelift interior (i dont think)

i would say it would be easier to sell later on if needed.

higher mileage is not that critical as some on here have done way over 100k now. just make sure all the stamps are in the book.

i would buy a black GT and then have that extra money for mods!! :teeth:

also dont forget that the TAX increase on a facelift car .06 onwards > £435

Hi and welcome to the forum. To answer your question in a different way there isnt too much difference between the specs so its very much down to what you like the look of.

Provided the service history is there dont worry too much about the mileage.

As Spark says, if you want to mod the car then saving a few £££s on the buying price will free up some for a few extra parts.

Cheers guys, will start looking for a GT with all the stamps and a nice set of Rays.

btw I had a look at one recently where the plastic tray below the engine looked like it had been ripped off and had been put back on with cable ties and most of the fixing screws were missing.

Is this a problem with speed bumps (we have a lot in town) or do you think there had been some front end damage?

The front bumper had also been painted and one of the front wing inner plastic covers was missing.....