Oil Leak

Rob-Hughes

Hi there all,

Bit of a problem, I have a small oil leak coming from the front middle bolt head recess on the plenum.

The previous owner had a plenum spacer fitted but I dont know the details of it etc.

Its not a great deal coming out, there isn't and spray on the inside of the bonnet or anywhere else in the engine bay.

Any help would be great, due to being in Germany and Nissan dealer being the only realistic option its going to have to be a self help solution, cant just nip over to Abbey for help.

Sorry about the pics, I've broke my camera and the Iphone is known for its crap camera

Cheers all, Rob

IPhonePictures150.jpg

IPhonePictures153.jpg

Hi Rob, firstly nothing really to worry about, you do get a fair ammount of "blow off" oil in the plenum, just take it off, wipe out the inside of the plenum and then tighten up all the bolts again, be careful though on the tightening, dont over tighten them... You might just find the bolt is loose!

Take some pics of the inside of the plenum when you do uit, there shouldnt be loads, but a smattering!

Then just keep an eye on it. Cant tell from the pics but guessing its the middle back bolt hole?

Hi Rob, firstly nothing really to worry about, you do get a fair ammount of "blow off" oil in the plenum, just take it off, wipe out the inside of the plenum and then tighten up all the bolts again, be careful though on the tightening, dont over tighten them... You might just find the bolt is loose!

Take some pics of the inside of the plenum when you do uit, there shouldnt be loads, but a smattering!

Then just keep an eye on it. Cant tell from the pics but guessing its the middle back bolt hole?

Hi there mate,

Cheers for the info, i'll hopefully do that over the weekend. Its the Front Middle bolt.

Can you take a wider angle shot so as to help locate this part exactly just for reference ;) But i agree with 3FIDDY must be loose so normal blow by oil is sipping through ;) .

If this was acting two way it would disrupt the negative pressure within the plenum chamber and result in rough iddling/running so nothing to worry :lol: .

Start by making sure the bolt is secure and tight. Undo the bolt, dismantle the plenum completely and clean all the oil off with any solvent, and also the throttle butterfly valve too while you are at it ;) Put it all back together. secure the problematic bolt after applying some thread locker and torque it to the appropriate amounts as with all the other plenum bolts.

It is an easy DIY and the should be related guides here or 350ztech wiki or even youtube like this motodyne one to give you an idea.