P2 Service Time Tomorrow

kennyc

Just had a call from Dan, they've finished the P2 service (that was quick?!) I've been advised that they will have to remove the Bose stereo and send it to Nissan for repair because there is an "internal fault". So the only sound I will hear for the next week is the roar of that glorious V6 B)

No way mate, tell em to **** off!! They tried that on me and I told them no way!! Why should you go 1 second without your HU because Nissan can't provide HU's that work. All they need to do is take it out for the serial number and put it back in! If they have to take it away INSIST on a replacement :rant:

I agree with Sarnie on this..... and the end of the day, they have to provide you with a replacement....... why should you do them a favour?

Sarnie, edited your post as there may be kiddies about :D

No problem ;)

Re-edited :teeth:

Sarnie..... grow up! :p

Please re-edit back..... come one, no swearing..... :thumbdown:

I agree with Sarnie on this..... and the end of the day, they have to provide you with a replacement....... why should you do them a favour?

Sarnie, edited your post as there may be kiddies about :D

No problem ;)

Re-edited :teeth:

Sarnie..... grow up! :p

Please re-edit back..... come one, no swearing..... :thumbdown:

:sorry::bangin:

:bleh:

OK picked the car up. They would not leave the unit in before they ordered the replacement (I am getting a replacement). I was told the reason for this is that Nissan will not reimburse Dan Perkins until they have the faulty unit in their grubby hands. All going well I will be going back in next week and have the new one fitted while I wait. No probs with the service other than the car wasn't quite ready when then said it was so they gave me more discount (already getting 10% as a first time customer) because I had to wait. All in all fairly satisfied.

P.S. The bill was less than £200 :D

I've been ringing around 12 different Nissan dealers today ........ god, you want to hear some of the quotes of the dealers are coming out with and the differences in attitude and helpfulness on the phone is unreal!

Anyway, once I have completed, I'll let you all know my findings..... :thumbs:

Just had a call from Dan, they've finished the P2 service (that was quick?!) I've been advised that they will have to remove the Bose stereo and send it to Nissan for repair because there is an "internal fault". So the only sound I will hear for the next week is the roar of that glorious V6 B)

No way mate, tell em to **** off!! They tried that on me and I told them no way!! Why should you go 1 second without your HU because Nissan can't provide HU's that work. All they need to do is take it out for the serial number and put it back in! If they have to take it away INSIST on a replacement :rant:

lol - have you copied and pasted that from mine Sarnie?? :p

I've been ringing around 12 different Nissan dealers today ........ god, you want to hear some of the quotes of the dealers are coming out with and the differences in attitude and helpfulness on the phone is unreal!

Jacko, don't forget 2 get Liams Z to get a quote when he's back off his hols - his old man works at a local dealer :teeth:

certainlly would be intersted in your findings

Jacko, don't forget 2 get Liams Z to get a quote when he's back off his hols - his old man works at a local dealer :teeth:

Yeah I haven't just that with going away soon, gotta time it right so that with the odd drive out we are having, that I don't go majorly over the mileage alloted and that I can arrange a suitable day!

Do we know when he is back?

OK picked the car up. They would not leave the unit in before they ordered the replacement (I am getting a replacement). I was told the reason for this is that Nissan will not reimburse Dan Perkins until they have the faulty unit in their grubby hands. All going well I will be going back in next week and have the new one fitted while I wait. No probs with the service other than the car wasn't quite ready when then said it was so they gave me more discount (already getting 10% as a first time customer) because I had to wait. All in all fairly satisfied.

Same here. And at least they get you a NEW unit (at least mine was). This is Sarnie's sore point though!!

Yeah I haven't just that with going away soon, gotta time it right so that with the odd drive out we are having, that I don't go majorly over the mileage alloted and that I can arrange a suitable day!

Do we know when he is back?

Soz mate I don't, didn't know he was going. Him and Sarnie are very close ( :hug: ) maybe he knows