P2 Service Time Tomorrow

kennyc

....so I'll be supllying 5litres of Silkolene, do you think they'll return the 300ml that's left in the can? I work that out to be £2.27 worth, if they don't I'll be wanting that off my bill :wiggle:

When you hand over the keys, tell them that you want the left over back for top ups. Then it helps you to feel better about the fact they have actually put YOUR oil in the car? :thumbs:

I got the Silkolene Pro S 5W40 from Opie Oils, £37.79 including postage. Excellent service. I'll probably be trying the Amsoil Synthetic next service though.

Kennyc, you do know that the Silkolene is fully synthetic as well don't you? (just in case, as I read your above statement a certain way.....)

Oh yes Jacko I know, I was just saying that these were my 2 choices and I decided to try out the Silkolene first.....

aye fair enough, thought so, just thought I would check. Btw, let me know how much your P2 is as I'm just about to start ringing around. I'm in the same boat, got my own oil..... ;)

I just went tot he website and the oil is 47.99, am i missing something?

Yes you get a forum discount. PM Opie Oils from here and get a discount code...... :thumbs:

Yeah I just realised that, I had a code it is now at £42.99 must have gone up

That sounds about right..... mine was about £38, but that was with me picking it up at JAE, no delivery.....

Oh yes Jacko I know, I was just saying that these were my 2 choices and I decided to try out the Silkolene first.....

aye fair enough, thought so, just thought I would check. Btw, let me know how much your P2 is as I'm just about to start ringing around. I'm in the same boat, got my own oil..... ;)

I've been quoted £252 by Dan Perkins in Slough when supplying my own oil....hmmm do they change the air filter at a P2? I have a JWT pop charger which obviously won't get changed, more money off the service?!

I've been quoted £252 by Dan Perkins in Slough when supplying my own oil....hmmm do they change the air filter at a P2? I have a JWT pop charger which obviously won't get changed, more money off the service?!

Kenny,

Tells you in the manual what is involved in each service........ I need to read as well :)

£252 excluding oil!! :scare:

I paid £215 all in at Sparshatts Botley last week.

Just wondering why people are using a 5w-40 oil when the Z should have a 5w-30? :boxing:

For my part purely recommendation from others on the forum.

Dropped the car off at DP in Slough, now got my Micra for the day :surrender:

....'cause the 5w-40 being thicker will give less MPG less power from the engine, greater pumping losses and hence generate more heat which will assist in breaking the oil down quicker..... :scare:

Just wondering why people are using a 5w-40 oil when the Z should have a 5w-30? :boxing:

As recommended by Opie Oils mate....... I personally asked, and thats what got told? :blush: Was either that or the Motul, and the motul didn't come in 5L

So will it be that bad to have the 5w-40 vs 5w-30? My car is due for its P2 shortly and so far have the Silkolene Pro S 5W-40 stuff to put in.....

:wacko:

From amsoil when talking about Motul, Silkolene and Amsoil:

As the man says all 3 will easily exceed Nissans recomendations, I do rate Motul. But do you pay an extra 25% or so above the Amsoil price for Motul when testing in the States shows Amsoil to outperform? A further consideration is that the 350Z requires 4.7L and Motul comes in 2 L cansso you will have to get 6 L. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with Motul there is not but just consider the Amsoil which Opie Oils also stock.

As recommended by Opie Oils mate....... I personally asked, and thats what got told? :blush: Was either that or the Motul, and the motul didn't come in 5L

So will it be that bad to have the 5w-40 vs 5w-30? My car is due for its P2 shortly and so far have the Silkolene Pro S 5W-40 stuff to put in.....

:wacko:

No it won't be bad, just not maximising things; if you where using a mineral oil then yes defo a 5w-40 for the extra strngth but as real synthetics are many times stronger that bit is pushed out of the equation.

Just had a call from Dan, they've finished the P2 service (that was quick?!) I've been advised that they will have to remove the Bose stereo and send it to Nissan for repair because there is an "internal fault". So the only sound I will hear for the next week is the roar of that glorious V6 B)