Rattle PLEASE HELP

daveyboy10

All,

On tick over (in neutral) i have a really noisy rattle going from the front of the car and as soon as i start moving OR dip my clutch the noise goes?????Its really confusing me, has anyone any ideas?? im going for my MOT today and im hoping I can get it on the ramp to have a look.

Annoyingly I do have the clicking axle problem as well :(, does this sound like a stone stuck in the wheel all the time???????????????

All,

On tick over (in neutral) i have a really noisy rattle going from the front of the car and as soon as i start moving OR dip my clutch the noise goes?????Its really confusing me, has anyone any ideas?? im going for my MOT today and im hoping I can get it on the ramp to have a look.

Annoyingly I do have the clicking axle problem as well :(, does this sound like a stone stuck in the wheel all the time???????????????

Sounds like clutch bearing or gearbox idler gear.

Flywheels can also be noisy.

Alex.

Its a common noise on the Z, If you search for gearbox rattle there are loads of threads on it..

IIRC its either the gearbox lay shaft / release bearing or something to do with the Z having a dual mass flywheel?

I don't think its anything to worry about. :blush:

ZMALEX - Presume the fix is a new flywheel if its that ??

Unfortunately if it is the fly then replacement is the only option as it is not a servicable item.

Clutch replacement and release bearing is also advised when you have the gearbox out.

Exedy clutch kits, Fidanza single mass lightened aluminium flywheels and OEM LUK dual mass flywheels always in stock and good to go same next day.

Upgraded clicky axle kits also in stock :thumbs:

Let me know if I can help you further. :thumbs:

Alex.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to raise a thread up from the dead but i have these symptoms. i suspected the clicking issue about a week ago and could hear the thing that sounded like a stone in the tread. just got back from work now and theres a nasty rattle on tick-over.

The clutch was replaced when i bout the car about 6k miles ago, however this was paid for by the dealer so i dont have a recipt :(

am i about to have a big bill?

You shouldnt have to pay for it.??

If You can prove the dealer said it had a new clutch. If they have replaced it, I beleave its covered for around a year or a certin mileage. I had the same problem on a scooby I had, The dealer replaced it and labour. Speak to the garage first if the dont help then maybe,