The Elise got it's winter coat yesterday....

H5

It had been to the dealer for some lock changes after the burglary incident. They 'washed' it and this is it after a rinse: -

NSfrontrinse.jpg

And the OS rear wing:-

OSRwingrinse.jpg

Then after my wash:-

NSfrontwash.jpg

And the OS rear wing after wash:-

OSRwingwash.jpg

Then came a little rub over:-

NSfrontEDS.jpg

That OS rear wing again (scratches almost gone!):-

OSRwingEDS.jpg

Then the winter jacket went on and was left for an hour or two to dry:-

NSrearwingUGPinprogress.jpg

Result being:-

NSfrontUGP.jpg

OSRwingUGP.jpg

Now happy that it should get through the winter ready for a real shine in the new year! What do ya think??

What is the Winter Jacket, you say you left it to dry for 2 hours? :blush:

I wondered how long it would be.

The rub over was the new Auto Glym Extra Deep Shine. Awesome polish especially for newer or darker cars.

The winter jacket is Auto Glym Ultra Gloss Protection. It's a semi-permanent coating that gives a rather deep shine and protects the paintwork. I put it on at this time of year to help the car through the winter. Plus, just washing it brings it back up. :thumbs: I did the Zed too........ :D

Ideally need to get the car inside to do it tho, so careful movements in the garage might be needed.

• 1 month later...
What is the Winter Jacket, you say you left it to dry for 2 hours? :blush:

I wondered how long it would be.

The rub over was the new Auto Glym Extra Deep Shine. Awesome polish especially for newer or darker cars.

The winter jacket is Auto Glym Ultra Gloss Protection. It's a semi-permanent coating that gives a rather deep shine and protects the paintwork. I put it on at this time of year to help the car through the winter. Plus, just washing it brings it back up. :thumbs: I did the Zed too........ :D

Ideally need to get the car inside to do it tho, so careful movements in the garage might be needed.

H5, will this help to protect against road salt

Cheers

:D

IMO it does, yeah. It's a semi permanent coating so effectively gets worn down over the winter. Seriously, a wash and dry and wipe over with show shine and it looks awesome. Just need to get the car inside to do it properly really.