Estimate for a repair / Bodyshop recommendations?

ian.lewkowicz

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could give me a guesstimate of how much this would cost to repair? Would it be a complete replacement rear bumper?

IMAG0030.jpg

IMAG0032.jpg

Just incase ya can't tell from the photo's, it's a hole caused by a toeing eye on my rear bumper just underneath the little square cut out for my toeing eye.

Also can anyone recommend a bodyshop to get a quote from and possibly to have the work done at?

Thanks for any help

Hi Ian, I'm a VDA (vehicle damage assessor) and it'll repair fine if the bumper is removed. If it was insurance I would put it down to be replaced but the cost would be much greater as you can imagine.

I would estimate as follows.

Remove & Refit Bumper = 1hr@£30

Repair Bumper = 2hr@£30

Paint Bumper = 3.5hrs@£30

Paint Materials Cost = £78

Grand total £320.78inc vat

Because you own a Z i would prob know an hour labour off leaveing it just shy of £300inc

Alex

If all the plastic is still there (bent in) I would get it plastic welded, this is less likey to crack if you ever bumper or catch the bumper in the future... :thumbs:

This is what would concern me about a repair to the bumper. If I touch anything and it's been repaired it won't then be flexible so it'll just crack again

Plastic welding should be very strong compared to figerglass and body filler itself. The other option is look for a second hand bumper in the same colour and use the guides on here to change it yourself or get a second hand bumper and pay the garage to paint and fit it.

Just bare in mind the second hand bumper may have been repaired aswell lol....

Have had a price from a local place called Spraynique of £752 which is for a replacement bumper and also Holdcroft are getting me a written quote which is gonna apparently be roughly the same again for a replacement bumper. Another place recommended to me has said that they would quote up for a replacement bumper but they hadn't got an estimator available to do an estimate for me there and then

Can anyone recommend any other place's to try for a price?

Not sure if either of the above are your local main dealer....but its worth a chat with them. With all the manufactures we repair for they require genuine approved bodyshops to repair there vehicles incase a warranty claim is put forward.

I'm not saying you will ever have a problem and even less so with a bumper been plastic. All i'm saying is for what ever reason you may need a warranty claim, if the paint work isnt completed by an approved Nissan bodyshop you will find in most cases they wont pay out.

Although it is hard to tell what year your vehicle is and it could be out of warranty anyway for paint work lol.. :shrug:

Alex