What's the little key for ?

cerealuk

When I brought my zed, I got 2 keys.

1) A standard fob with the 2 buttons on it which I use every day

2) A second smaller key with no buttons on it

Just wondering what the smaller key can/can't do ?

My worry at the moment is that if I lose my key with the built in fob... am I buggered ?

:wacko::wacko::wacko:

If your car is a UK car you should have got 3 keys - two standard fobs and the smaller one.

The smaller key can be used to lock the doors and open/lock the storage compartment behind the passenger's seat, but it can't be used to deactivate the alarm I think. The manual should explain all that.

The smaller key is a security key and does everything except unlock the storage bin behind the passenger seat - useful if you are leaving the car for valet parking and don't want stuff nicked.

You should have two larger keys with fobs on (in case you lose one).

Ah groovy thanks.

I only got the 1 proper fob key (have purchased a spare + uncut barrel to get done at nissan when i next have a day off work).

So could I use the small key to get into the car and drive it to nissan should I lose the fob key? (where they could hopefully sort me out a new programmed key) or is it then game over ?

Ah groovy thanks.

I only got the 1 proper fob key (have purchased a spare + uncut barrel to get done at nissan when i next have a day off work).

So could I use the small key to get into the car and drive it to nissan should I lose the fob key? (where they could hopefully sort me out a new programmed key) or is it then game over ?

The small key should work - why not just try it and see if it starts the car?

Ah groovy thanks.

Shall try later, can nissan program a new fob to the car if all fobs are missing then ?

Ah groovy thanks.

Shall try later, can nissan program a new fob to the car if all fobs are missing then ?

Yep, but be sitting down when they give you the price for a new key :scare:

• 1 month later...