Anyone going to America soon?

James B

This is a big favour to ask but it would be great if somone could help.

I want an iPad badly but flat out refuse to pay UK prices. If anyone's heading to the US and wouln't mid grabbing me one it would be awesome. Can sort our secure payment via PayPal.

PM if you might be able to help. :)

A couple of years ago I hunted high and low in Florida to buy an iPod at a good price. I found that a) all the stores there had it at the same price B) it was the same price as in the UK, even taking VAT into account.

Apple are a pretty switched on technically and sales wise.

S.

A couple of years ago I hunted high and low in Florida to buy an iPod at a good price. I found that a) all the stores there had it at the same price B) it was the same price as in the UK, even taking VAT into account.

S.

you can save a bit. A 32GB 3g model over here is £600, including sales tax your looking at about $730 which with the current crappy ex/rate works about around £540

S.

you can save a bit. A 32GB 3g model over here is £600, including sales tax your looking at about $730 which with the current crappy ex/rate works about around £540

You are assuming Customs don't do a search and find a shiney new iPad and charge you their slice as well.

Not worth the hassle and may be problems with warranty/support if you have a US model that fries in UK. :byebye:

S.

You are assuming Customs don't do a search and find a shiney new iPad and charge you their slice as well.

Not worth the hassle and may be problems with warranty/support if you have a US model that fries in UK. :byebye:

I normally do 1 or 2 trips a year over there and never been stopped yet. I do always unbox anything I buy just incase.

Apples have a world wide warrenty on all their stuff, doesnt matter where something is bought you can take it to any apple dealer for repair under warranty.

To be honest with the current xe/rate I wouldn't bother just to save approx £50. I'll just be checking out the PX this year as they dont charge sale tax, but doubt they will have ipads