Code 0057

ToffeeZ

After I had fitted a pair of test pipes and Lambda O2 simulators on my car I had the CEL light coming on. The fault code was 0057. I notice that the Sensors have different part numbers stamped on them. They are NTK Sensors OZA 554-N10 in the left pipe and OZA 554-N9 in the right pipe. To see if it was the O2 simulators that were not doing their job I put the Original Cats back on but the light still came on. After clearing the codes I took the car for a 5 mile run and the CEL light stayed off. About an hour later i started the car up and let it tick-over for a while and the light stayed off. As soon as i took the car up the road and started to accelerate the bloody light came back on. :wacko: As the Lambda sensors have different part numbers would it make a difference if they were put in the wrong side?

Neil, they are not interchangable mate ;)

Could the Sensors be connected to their correct plugs but put into the wrong sides? ( IE Left Sensor in Right CAT and Right sensor into left CAT?) If so would that create a Fault?

Could the Sensors be connected to their correct plugs but put into the wrong sides? ( IE Left Sensor in Right CAT and Right sensor into left CAT?) If so would that create a Fault?

Only if you cross them over, but you would see that if you take a look, ;) but I doubt if you would have enough length to do what you suggest.

You would have to be a real muppet to do that. :lol:

The green and the blue male ends of the sensors are are clipped onto a metal "bridge" which bolts onto the gearbox.

What sides have you got the blue and green sensors going to?

Only if you cross them over, but you would see that if you take a look, ;) but I doubt if you would have enough length to do what you suggest.

You would have to be a real muppet to do that. :lol:

The green and the blue male ends of the sensors are are clipped onto a metal "bridge" which bolts onto the gearbox.

What sides have you got the blue and green sensors going to?

From Memory...Blue is on the Drivers side Green on Passenger side