Booking a Holiday - Need your thoughts please ....

narcotix

Hey,

I'm just about a book a holiday to Thailand for 2 weeks in October with some mates .... :yahoo:

But my question is ... with all the problems over there at the moment ... do you guys think it's a good idea to book it at the moment ... bearing in mind that it's 5 months from now ...

My friends seem to think that all will be back to normal by then ... but I don't want to risk it really ... and does anyone know if travel insurance would cover it if we advised at the time (by the foreign office) not to go there ...

Any help is much appreciated ..

Best google answer. I wouild ask the airline or travel company.

Keep in mind that the airport is not in the middle the protest area - it is on the outskirts of Bangkok about a 30 minute drive away. There are police and army troops on the roads leading up to the airport to keep any protesters away. I don't think that the Thai government will ever let the airport close again!

You could still visit Thailand but skip Bangkok if the protests are not over by the time your plane is scheduled to land. You could visit other nearby cities or even fly to other locations from the airport. If you are arriving before October you shouldn't have to much of a problem getting a hotel on short notice in most places.

Keep abreast of what is happening and keep in mind that the protests are not all over Bangkok and there are lots of foreigners who are still in that city. Thai Visa Forum can keep you up on current status of these protests

Thanks guys ..

We have Planned a few days to goto the Full Moon party but I think my mates are planning to stay in Bankok for the rest of the time ...

I think I'm probably going to spend some time researching it this weekend and if all is ok then book it on Monday...

:thumbs:

We are going to Phuket and then on to Singapore in September so only flying in to Bangkok and onwards to Phuket :D

Agree with Martin the travel agents are the best people to keep you right :thumbs:

Good Luck with the planning :thumbs: