Battery conversion.

Tricky-Ricky

Did a quick search but couldn't turn anything up?

This is aimed at those who have changed their JDM (pathetic battery for a UK type, i have done a little research and it seems the 005 battery will just fit,(GT350, same in most respects) but it will need the UK type battery terminals, but in order to keep the Nissan fusible link and the auxiliary outputs i will need a bolt on type connector, but i am not sure if this all will fit?

So has anyone done this and can give some tips before i go ahead?

Check carefully that your terminals have not already been changed to the UK type by the importer. Mine had been and I failed to check that before ordering a JDM battery, which I then had to send back and replace with a UK type. To be honest, the JDM-type battery seemed OK to me, and I would have happily used it if I had to. I got it from this company -

http://www.tayna.co.uk/Type-156-Varta-A ... P3204.html

Thanks guys, but i think i have sorted this now, sourcing a battery is no problem, nor is the terminals, i was just concerned that the fuesable links attached to the original JDM type connector was not going to fit but i think i now have a way to sort it, i will post up a bit of a guide for anybody else contemplating this, as the std JDM battery is pathetic for a 3.5 V6 mine is 35 amp hr 280 cranking amps :surrender:

no wonder it would go flat after listening to the stereo for a couple of hours.

I aim to change for a 50-60 amp hr with 5-600 could cranking amps.

Decided to finally do a battery swap today, i basically didn't think much of the import type battery that was fitted when i bought the car, even though it was brand new,

So after doing a little measuring and research i thought i had decided on a suitable battery, which was and Excide 030, however when i went to Eurocarparts armed with a ruler i found that it would be too long by 10mm, so i had to rethink, so after the very helpful guy let me loose in the stores armed with my steel rule, i finally settled on a Bosch 096 which is just the right size to fit the std battery tray, but it did require a little grinding of the two tabs on the front of the tray, and i will also have to make up a hold down strap but its no problem.

So i now have a 70ah battery with 680amps of cold cranking power, apart from the tray and strap mod all thats needed is a couple of UK type battery terminals.