Help needed !! Can't get my hood to go down : (

Mitch

Hi , over the glorious weekend I decided to put the hood down on my z !! But on unlocking the roof catch n putting the windows down n pushing the eject button :lol: nothing happened ? Shock horror this is the first time I've attempted this since buying it in march n it did work in the garage where I bought it from !! Does any of you roadster guys maybe know where I'm going wrong :blush:

I am getting pretty good at this one. :lol:

Unlock the catch and do the usual press button thing. The windows will drop and the seats will move.

You then get a click and nothing else happens. Get out of the car and lift the back of the roof, its quite stiff so you can give it some force. Then get back into the car and press the button again. It should now work. You may have to help it a few times during the procedure.

Basically it needs greasing and regular use. Mine was clogged with muck, all this dust in the air doesnt help.

If this doesnt work let me know and we can try something else. :)

I am getting pretty good at this one. :lol:

Unlock the catch and do the usual press button thing. The windows will drop and the seats will move.

You then get a click and nothing else happens. Get out of the car and lift the back of the roof, its quite stiff so you can give it some force. Then get back into the car and press the button again. It should now work. You may have to help it a few times during the procedure.

Basically it needs greasing and regular use. Mine was clogged with muck, all this dust in the air doesnt help.

If this doesnt work let me know and we can try something else. :)

Hi Martin , thanks for your advise :thumbs: I will give that a whirl in a mo , but yesterday when I undid the roof catch n pushed the button the windows /seats didn't do anything but I did hear a couple of clicks , I've rung the guy I bought it off n he wants me to take it to him if your proceedure fails n asked me if I would sell it back to him !! I'm quiet tempted :lol:

Press the brake pedal. ;)

Cheers ZMANALEX n CHESTERFIELD for the foot on the brake advise gona try that n if fails try martins approach :lol::thumbs: Will let you all know soon :) fingers n everything else crossed too :lol:

:yahoo: yabbadabbadooooo !!! The lid is now down thanks a million guys for your advise :D:D the guy I bought it from just told me to undo the roof catch n press go didn't tell me to push the brake :lol: so I'm off for my first burn with the hood down B):teeth::teeth:B) thanks again guys :) saved me a trip to Bradford :):thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: