Blueflame fitted...bad luck continues!

chrisjones6699

Well, its been fitted and it sounds awesome!! BUT not without my fair share of bad luck! The tail pipes are not even, they are not even the same depth (about 15mm out) and i have to wait almost a month to take it back to the garage where it will be heat treated to be corrected! I can honestly say that nothing ever goes smoothly for me and the Zed!! :wacko:

Snap!

img2838e.jpg

Well almost.

Fitted last week and possibly from the same batch. Think I'll be giving Blue Flame a call on Tuesday.

Hope they manage to get your new exhaust to you soon Chris. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Snap!

img2838e.jpg

Well almost.

Fitted last week and possibly from the same batch. Think I'll be giving Blue Flame a call on Tuesday.

Hope they manage to get your new exhaust to you soon Chris. :)

That's exactly the same as mine! Have you got it sorted yet Mei? I've only just got back from Morocco so i'll give the a bell tomorrow to get it sorted.

• 4 months later...
Dont bother mate as when i measured the pipe work it was smaller than my oem HR exhaust :thumbdown:

Was that for the Y-pipe, mid pipe, rear section or the whole thing? I don't suppose you remember the measurements do you?

Does anyone know if the HR exhaust differs to the DE exhaust in terms of bore diameter?

It was for the y pipe section , cant remember the exact size difference but it was smaller so i got rid of it. As for the HR oem pipe being bigger than the DE ones , not sure but i know the y pipe design on the HR is alot better than the DE

Cheers mate, thanks for the info. :thumbs: From what I understand the HR exhaust as a whole is pretty good. IIRC Abbey don't even recommend changing the back box, at least not for performance reasons.

Must....not...PM...ZMANALEX...regarding....HR....Y-pipe...... :lol: