Call of Duty: Black Ops

kObi

yep does look good but it's the same company that did CoD:World at War which i wasn't keen on (played too much like cod3 for my liking)

+1 No Infinity Ward on this project unfortunately. Treyarch have produced this. Their previous 2 outings have been dog ar$e (3+WaW) so I wont hold out on this being any good. Saying that, apparently there's been a mutiny at IW and a couple of the MW writers are supposed to have jumped ship. As a COD freak, I'll end up buying it out of curiosity.

MW / MW2 were amazing. Unfortunately single player is only a small amount of the overall package for me. I am much more interested in the multiplayer which is where COD2/MW/MW2 really shined for me. If this can produce something good in the multiplayer then i am sure i will buy it. That is if it comes to PC.

If there is a new Zombies it will be great!

For me thats where the fun is, just having a laugh with friends online. The team deathmatch, search and destroy etc etc can be fun, but ultimately there is no "player matching" to speak of, resulting in times when you can be playing with a group of friends and getting utterly destroyed by people who obviously spend most of their waking life playing COD.

Spawn kills, glitching, cheating, and nerdishly good players can often spoil it for a group of friends that are just half decent players.

There was a massive opportunity lost with MW2 in not making spec ops four or more player. Two player spec ops was fine, but most people have groups of friends that are larger then two - four would have been a massive improvement. Hopefully a return of Zombies or something similar will bring back that massively fun element that was wholly missing from MW2.

Red dead promissed a lot of free roam multiplayer fun, but ultimatelythat falls flat because people always end up having different challenges to acheive, resulting in everyone going off doing their own thing. Or going into "gang shootouts" which in my opinion just plain suck, if you want to do team deathmatch, then why not put COD back in and take Red Dead out, because as a multiplayer shooter, Red Dead is utterly pathetic imho.

/geek off