Swapping UK rear bumper for import...any issues??

terribleone

Hi all,

There's a big chip on the top of my rear bumper where the previous owner has shut the boot on something...it's bugging me now and I've tried to use some touch up paint from Paints4u which seems to come out the wrong colour even though it's KY0.

There's a silver import bumper on eBay going for a good price, but I'm wondering how easily it will fit...are there different mounting points between UK and Jap? and would I have to get a different number plate light unit??

I'd be interested in any advice! :thumbs:

Mm i don't think that's a wise move tbh. I have an import so i would never knock them but if you change a UK car to a JDM bumper people will think its been in a big prang and you'll find it hard to sell - also there will be no end of confusion over whether its a uk or import. It will make the car generally seem un-genuine. Just my opinion.

Mm i don't think that's a wise move tbh. I have an import so i would never knock them but if you change a UK car to a JDM bumper people will think its been in a big prang and you'll find it hard to sell - also there will be no end of confusion over whether its a uk or import. It will make the car generally seem un-genuine. Just my opinion.

good point. :)

Cheers guys...I was thinking of taking pics of it with the UK bumper and the damage which I could use at point of sale, but I think i'd rather keep it genuine with a UK spec bumper like you say.

There's one on ebay: clicky

It doesn't say the exact paint colour, plus I think £100 plus postage is a bit steep?

I'll send some PMs as advised :thumbs:

Yeah i think that's a better idea. You should be able to pick a uk one up if you have a little bit of patience. Best not to compromise your cars authenticity. :thumbs:

Exactly, I've counted out the idea of a bodykit and induction kit because I want to keep the car as stock as possible....what was I thinking of chucking an import rear on!! :lol:

Although I do have an exhaust in mind for my next purchase...the stock one just doesn't clean up enough! :thumbdown: