removing old knob

V88 REG

It is actually straight forward, you just have to be careful, that's all.

There is a little threadlock on the shaft to hold the knob in place, thus the need for molegrips in cases.

And hence the need to keep the shaft from twisting, which could damge your syncro-mesh.

In most cases, you will destroy the OEM knob in the process.

Thanks for the advice ...

I think I may be in luck though as I just tried to turn the Gear knob by hand this morning while stuck in traffic and it turns fairly easily ...

I think Nissan must have removed it previously when the clutch was being replaced ... :yahoo:

Now I've got to wait until next week sometime to get the bits fitted as I have my brother's wedding this weekend ... which means no time for the Zed this week ... apart from a quick wash before the wedding day :lol:

It is actually straight forward, you just have to be careful, that's all.

There is a little threadlock on the shaft to hold the knob in place, thus the need for molegrips in cases.

And hence the need to keep the shaft from twisting, which could damge your syncro-mesh.

In most cases, you will destroy the OEM knob in the process.

Thanks for the advice ...

I think I may be in luck though as I just tried to turn the Gear knob by hand this morning while stuck in traffic and it turns fairly easily ...

I think Nissan must have removed it previously when the clutch was being replaced ... :yahoo:

Now I've got to wait until next week sometime to get the bits fitted as I have my brother's wedding this weekend ... which means no time for the Zed this week ... apart from a quick wash before the wedding day :lol:

You could get your knob out at your brothers wedding! :lol::lol::lol: