Black-code.co.uk remapping

penfolduk

Hi

just wondering if anyone has used Black-code.co.uk to remap their 350z, they're a mobile outfit and quoted me a price of £250 ex-VAT

according to they're website they can get upto 35bhp in power and 15% in fuel economy

?

At least they told you?

should of been

Hi John,

Unfortunately due to the current protocol we have, we are unable to remap the 350Z.

Kind regards

Mike I am a Muppet Wright

Technician

Telephone: 0845 643 6898

Email: info@black-code.co.uk

yep your right, I assumed they said they could do it on the website, when actually they dont with them quoting a price

looks like they were lying to me they cant do 350z's

Dont worry, you arent the first that these people try to fob off, pretty much all generic remappers are the same.

Head on over to Abby or RS Tuning and for a bit more you can have a good, reliable remap.

mmm a tuner is a tuner though? Like if they don't know exactly how to tune a Nissan 350Z but they know how Osiris / Haltech / Motec etc works they can tune ANY car... I'm not saying NOT to head to RS or Abbey but just saying that it's a bit generic to say they don't tune Z's just because... the two only dealers according to Uprev's site are RS and Abbey so that is really why if you want to use the standard ECU you would stay within the two choices...

Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying stay away from other proper tuners, but proper tuners will be very forthcoming about tuning your car - like what software, piggy back or replacement ECU will be required. I always say to ask any tuner how many they have done and using what kit, its very easy to weed them out then. I say stay away from "generic" tuners in the ones that think they can tune anything but cant, like the ones mentioned above - said on their website they can do it, but when they really look into it they cant. I wouldnt want them trying their random software on my car. Of course Abbey and RS Tuning arent the only companies out there, but if all you want is a quick remap with the lowest cost and hassle, you are hard pushed to beat them, and they are very well proven :thumbs: