Crash at Mercedes World

Chilli Red

I have just driven past Mercedes World in Weybridge and it look like someone may have tried leaving with paying :lol:

I was driving down the main road with the Mercedes World track to one side of me, like this

mercedescrash018.jpg

You can see the flimpsy fencing and the track beyond. It looks like someone was using their fast straight and didn't stop because on the other side of the road is this car sitting in the middle of a playground

mercedescrash017.jpg

Looks like it launched out of their test/demo area, using the earthy mound surrounding it as a launch pad crashed over the fencing, smashed down on the main road as it crossed it, scattering car debris and then smashed through a metal post ending up a good 50 yards into a play area. How the hell they managed it without hitting any cars on the road is a miracle. Obviously happen not long before i got there. Mmm Health and Safety review need I think :surrender:

Simple. Driving from weybridge towards the industrial estate the track is on your right in picture one. See the white car, well thats on the long straight track. Looks like the black car has come from their long straight across the main road and landed on the playground on the other side on the road (pic 2) on your left if going from weybridge toward the Ind. Est. Simples :lol:

that cant be, i must admit when i did that track that long straight you can get to 120+ if you come out of the corner befopre very fast. But to not break at the end with teh instructor in the car it is still quite a fair few meters before the reinforced fence and then 10 meters of road before the park on the other side...

Well they did, you can see where the top of the fencing has been tipped and buckled and the smash on the road where it's hit and there it is for all to see sitting quite clearly smashed on the front on the other side of the road. Scarey! Maybe there's a bit more to it, but I'm sure Mercedes will do their best to recover the car quickly before the press get hold of pictures.

thats insane!

i just cant imagine how it has happened!

Depending on what straight it is, if they are doing the high speed emergency stop and paniced and didnt stop they would have to go a good 50 meters to get to the fence, if they were doing the other track they would have to have gone full whack into the smaller track and then off there, but still its a long way to go...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=m ... a=N&tab=wl

Mad stuff well good find! interesting to hear how it happened!