Need one in my life...

Strube77

Good morning all,

I'm looking to buy a 350z. I have found one locally, blue, fnsh, 77k on the clock for a 10k price tag but I'm having trouble finding a decent insurance quote for it.

I wrote off my Evo4 in February which has left me with a measly 3 years no claims and yet I'm getting cheaper quotes for an Evo9 than a 350Z (£1000)? Do any of you guys have any suggestions for decent insurance companies I could approach?

Cheers all.

Jon

Hey,

do some reading in the insurance section. There are so many companies and some offer discounts for members (depends on your age/history). I've heard for young drivers Elephant and Admiral are good (Im with admiral who gave me the cheapest quote but its still just under £3k - 1yr english ncb, 6yrs clean licence and no accident :/ )

Have you tried DirectLine? They won't come up on compare.com or anything like that but some of my friends insure their cars there.

Hope that helps,

austin

If you are over 25 then you should be able to get a decent enough deal with companies like Chris Knott or Sky insurance who also give forum discounts. the reason you can get evo cheaper than the zed is the fact it is rear wheeled drive - insurance companies tend to run a mile once the see the letter RWD!

If your under 25 then your screwed, best option is admiral / elephant / bell etc. as they always did me pretty good quotes when I was younger.

Thanks for the reply's guys.

Im currently with bell.co.uk and things have not gone so well with the Evo claim so wont be talking to them again. I have got a quote from Admiral for £830 which is down from £1000!

Thanks Austin, I have just read the Chriss Knott thread in the insurance section which is extremely helpful and will def be giving them a shout. Tried Directline as my Fiancee has been with them for years but they couldnt do any better than £1000.

Hey Unabashed, I'm 29 this month :D, have held a full license for over 10 years, no fines or tickets and only the 1 accident in five years, I did have 7 years NCB until the accident and lost 2 because of it but Bell only take up to 5 years into account which has me down to 3 with them. Not sure if I will have 3 or 5 when I move companies?

you do relise bell, admiral and elephant are the same companie? if you get cheap quotes off one, play the others against it. i got £300 off mine last year doing this, without even haggling.

Aye I got my renewal through from elephant at £850ish.. phoned admiral who quoted me £630 so I phoned elephant back who pulled up the admiral quote using the reference they gave me and renewed me at the £630 price, £220 saved just for making a phone call otherwise the buggers would have charged me the full £850 :/

For reference Im 26 with 8 years NCB and no accidents which I guess helps :thumbs:

you do relise bell, admiral and elephant are the same companie? if you get cheap quotes off one, play the others against it. i got £300 off mine last year doing this, without even haggling.

This post and other info like it should be saved in the Guides or Insurance or somewhere.

I didn't know,so others might not.

Just a thought.