Can I convert my JDM Bose to this....

bosh87

http://www.wedodigital.co.uk/product/2075/meos--7-lcd-double-din-multimedia-console-dvd-bluetooth/meos-mc702b/

Found this Double DIN unit online and it seems to have everything I want.

I just wondered if anyone knows whether it will be compatible with the Bose speakers in my JDM??

Also on a separate note, I converted my JDM Sat nav to a UK Sat Nav last year by replacing the DVD unit with an UK Xtrail One . I understand it only works with the Bose head unit, is this correct?

What were to happen if I changed the JDM Bose to a Double DIN, would the Sat nav not work at all or would it work but no sound would come out the speakers? and can I make the sound work through an aftermarket head unit if this is the case.

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated. :)

TBH you would be better saving a bit of cash and getting an all in one unit or a nurrish sat nav unit, either that or a decent single din and a stand alone sat nav. I dont think anyone has ever installed one of those units so you wont get much help.

R

Have you done a search on these for reviews? I was looking at the same thing some time ago but the reviews dont boost confidence!

Bad sound quality, bad resolution on the screen etc.

Just ended doing the ipod mod on standard bose H/U. does for me. :D

I would like to change Bose unit as my is still skipping on a daily basis now and it isnt even that cold, which i dont get.

If I change the head unit for a double din, does anyone know whether I will lose the UK sat nav completely or just the sound?? If its the sound I dont mind as the sat nav women is annoying :lol: but i just want to keep the sat nav working and hav a functional working head unit with Radio, CD, iPod connection.