Smoked tail lights...

matty316

Paul T has done them to his facelift tails...I dont think many people would do them to the pre-facelift ones as they arent great for light output so tinting them wouldnt be idea :thumbdown:

If you were still going to do it, then consider using pre-cut vinyl as you can take it off if you dont like the look :thumbs:

By all means do it, I don't want to put you off however I'd strongly recomend upgrading to LED tail lights before hand. ZMANALEX has the best price on these and is easily contactable through the forum.

I've just quickly looked at some led one's on ebay at they are going for around £134

They probably won't be original Nissan ones ... The Nissan ones cost more in the range of £250 ...

Just make sure the quality is up to standard if you go for replicas ...

Well i've been working my ass off doing loads of overtime, was gonna go on holiday but thats fallen through so thought why not spend it on my Z. So been looking at that very spoiler, and want to get the lights changed. Just had my alloys refurbished and powder coated black.

I'll see after i've got those things done what i wanna do to it after that.

What have you done to yours upto now?

well looks like your off to a good start pal B)

Just done loads of little things really, full nismo V1 bodykit and spoiler, custom wheels, colour coding of handles/badges, induction kit, spacer, de-cat's, y-pipe, exhaust, coilovers, wheel spacers and other bits n bobs hmmm didn't realise just how much ive done no wonder my girlfriend keeps moaning :lol:

well looks like your off to a good start pal B)

Just done loads of little things really, full nismo V1 bodykit and spoiler, custom wheels, colour coding of handles/badges, induction kit, spacer, de-cat's, y-pipe, exhaust, coilovers, wheel spacers and other bits n bobs hmmm didn't realise just how much ive done no wonder my girlfriend keeps moaning :lol:

I was looking at the Nismo V1 body kit, am thinking its about £1200 including spraying???

I'm getting the badges powder coated black in a few weeks.

If you were still going to do it, then consider using pre-cut vinyl as you can take it off if you dont like the look :thumbs:

Is the vinyl any good?And where would be the best place to get it from?

Not sure I want to spray or cook the light my self, if I get it wrong it's a £250 mistake :surrender: