MPG Challenge

S77 CRV

Average about 25mpg.

Strange thing is when I i put in £40 at the weekend (only 33 litres or so) when the DTE goes to '-----'. It went up to just over half a tank :wacko: Defo a UK car etc, just strange :lol:

Just shows how much fuel is actualy in there that doesnt show up on the dial or DTE. I've had the needle go WAY below the empty mark there's like another 1/4 of a tank in there or something haha!

Not sure if my engine is over fueling as i dont seem to be able to get over 10km/L the car was converted to mph but the gauge still shows km. It has an induction kit on it do you think this is causeing the low mpg, also as its an import and im not 100% sure how to work the gauge thing yet can comeone explain? I have held down the button and get - - - - on the gauage and then shows 8-10km/L?

Im a prat just saw what I wrote L does not equal a g. but does any one know if the km has been converted to miles on the fuel gauge or is it just the speedo that gets converted? as I know 1 km/L = 2.82mpg. just cant figure out if im getting 28mpg or lower due to the km/L = m/L on the converted gauges?

Im a prat just saw what I wrote L does not equal a g. but does any one know if the km has been converted to miles on the fuel gauge or is it just the speedo that gets converted? as I know 1 km/L = 2.82mpg. just cant figure out if im getting 28mpg or lower due to the km/L = m/L on the converted gauges?

Brim the tank. Zero the trip and the MPG thing. Drive. Brim the tank.

Do the MPG conversion from that and see how close it is to what you get in reality.

That should take the guess work out the equation.

yeah cheers, will be my first fill up going for sum nice vpower! If I get anything around 22mpg that will be the same as my old car which has far less bhp = me a happy boy! :clap: After that I dont think I will use that feture as I bought the car to DRIVE :drive1 not to go shopping in. :teeth:

Following the rules, there's no way I could drive sensibly over a full tank of fuel.

It lasts me about 10 minutes before I put my foot down in boredom!

Although, I average 32-34 on the motorway and 19-21 in town.

I actually worked out the following:

If I drive 9,000 per year, motorway miles would cost me something like £1,700 per year, if I drove the same distance by motorway it would cost me 2,300!! Just shows you how much more town driving costs the pocket!