plenum spacer Advantages?

SwanageDave

Being new to this performance bit, Can someone in laymans terms tell me the advantages of fitting a plenum spacer? i am seriously thinking of upping the performance of the Zed but need more info, I have just fitted a pop charger and looking into upgrading my exhaust from oem, But keep seeing the plenum spacer being fitted so please someone fill me in and direct me in the right route :wacko:

been discussed in depth umpteen times but il save you the searching etc etc .

the oem plenum (intake manifold) slopes heavily at the front to allow it to clear bonnets etc etc

the spacer add volume by rasing the upper section thus allowing more air to the front cylinders . more air more power.

good cheap mod , nothing to speak off top end till its tuned but youl get a nice bump in the midrange torque.

Thank you very much for the info, it seems that is the way to go as i am about to phone Abbey to book me in for a remap, looking at the plenum spacer it looks quite easy to fit ? Cheers Dave :thumbs:

yeah its not hard to fit, Abbey sell them and panel filter might be worth chatting to him about that at the same time ? :D