e-drive throttle controller issue

chippy

Just received my throttle controller but can't get the bugg*r to work.

Easy enough to connect up and have checked all the connectors which seems to be fine, but the fecker isn't switching itself on. The pins in the OBD plug are a little loose, but even taking the pins out and plugging them in to the port directly (pins 5 & 16), still hasn't made any difference.

Any ideas?

Do you have another OBDII device you can use to check that the port itself is okay? Or do you have access to another car you can try the controller in (doesn't need to fit the pedal connectors, only the OBDII side for power).

The OBD side of things is probably fine.

You might have the connectors between "car" and controller plugged in the wrong way round.

They're in the right socket, but try plugging it in upside down if you know what I mean.

If you've made this error, it's quite easy to do (I've never made this error... :blush:) as to me, both ways in which the plug plugged in looked right. One worked, one didn't.

I can only assume you'll get a EML light after this, do an ECU reset sequence (use a stopwatch) and job is a gooden!

Hope this works dude.

I think one of mine clips in nicely, but the other plug goes in both ways, and doesn't 'clip' in either.

It sits in and for me connects if it's one plug is upsidedown or not.

It's secure but it doesn't clip in.

Will it 'go in', feels 'connected' but doesn't properly clip in?

I think one of mine clips in nicely, but the other plug goes in both ways, and doesn't 'clip' in either.

It sits in and for me connects if it's one plug is upsidedown or not.

It's secure but it doesn't clip in.

Will it 'go in', feels 'connected' but doesn't properly clip in?

Yeah one end clips on to the pedal side fine but the other end (that presumably goes to the ECU) pushes in but doesnt feel that secure. If I rotate that 180 degrees it wont go in at all.

I've emailed the seller and ordered a replacement, then I'll return the duff one for a refund.

Hopefully I'll have more luck with the new one. :blush: