20,000 miles later...

sasha@lazytrips

I intend to add to this thread with future progress as I'm thinking of keeping the zed approximately forever, so look out for updates in the future.

I bought this car in September 2009. Fully OEM Kuro UK GT spec '04 plate 47k on the clock.

*** Update - 16th April 2010 ***

20,000 miles later...

Memorable trips: Been here, there and everywhere. The highlight thus far was a very enjoyable trip to Paris.

How the Zed has changed:

1.Upgraded from standard Rays to Rota GTRs in Matt Black with red lip. Click here for pictures.

2. Swapped the rear Nissan badge for a black Zed burger.

Planned changes for next update:

1. Do-Luck rear to finally go onto the car.

2. Uprated discs & pads all round.

Long-Term plans:

These are theoretical long-term plans which will take me a long long time to complete. But hey, a plan is a good place to start!

1. Sort out the rear gas struts - either get uprated versions or regas existing ones. Undecided here.

2. Swap the front burger for a Zed badge. Not sure whether to do this now or wait (probably years) til I decide on a front bumper upgrade.

3. Full Do-Luck kit at some point in the distant future - including the wing & front & rear fenders. My order of preference is: side skirts then fenders, then front bumper.

4. Build and install a PC with two screens - instead of the cubby and the Bose. Will build an integrated ipod holder in somewhere too. Not entirely sure on input systems yet - would like touchscreen AND mouse/keyboard + ideally one of the screens would be pull-out on a brace.

5. Get an uprated Bonnet with gas struts.

6. Replace rear lights for facelift LEDs.

7. Upgrade brake lines.

8. Uprate engine bay strut brace.

9. New exhaust system - completely undecided on which way to go with this, but something classy with a good base note. Possibly a fully dual system.

10. Get a tonneau cover.

11. Get the fancy two-cup holder to go in instead of the cigarette thing for those long journeys.

12. Upgrade the gearstick.

13. Colour the brembos in red.

14. Upgrade clutch.

15. New suspension + maybe lowering (not sure on this yet and not sure what I'd do on front vs back)

16. Stubby

17. D1 Spec Controller

18. PIAA wipers

19. Uprate brakes

20. New shiny sill plates

21. New mats

22. New plates. Know which particular one I want, just need to cough up the cash at some point in the distant future. It's nothing particularly special, so I suspect it might stick around.

23. LED Rear lights + uprate front lights

Very Long-Term plans:

1. After the above are done (2018? :lol: ), I might look at bits and bobs in the engine bay. Still undecided at which way to go with this and considering anything and everything from getting some fancy coloured lids * cables to supercharging to whatever. Considering putting a Generation IV LS short-block (640 hp) and then forging internals & supercharging it or something to that effect for no apparent reason whatsoever.

2. Depending on what I do with the brakes in the long-run and with the above, a Big Brake Kit could be in order.

3. Go for a fully Matt Black bodywork job.

Your car is very cool. I like that you've kept a red and black theme going on - try and keep it going. B)

You forgot Carbon B-Pillars, if you don't already have them.

Have you thought about getting a carbon lip on the front and change the badge on the current body work? This way you'll be the same style but it will look a little more aggresive - plus you won't have to pay for a new front end, getting it sprayed and then fitted, bla, bla, bla.

The subtle mods often make a lot of difference such as different badges, stubby aerial, bits of carbon (pillars for example). You don't have to go all out extreme (costing a fortune) to make it unique. ;)

Your car is very cool. I like that you've kept a red and black theme going on - try and keep it going. B)

You forgot Carbon B-Pillars, if you don't already have them.

Have you thought about getting a carbon lip on the front and change the badge on the current body work? This way you'll be the same style but it will look a little more aggresive - plus you won't have to pay for a new front end, getting it sprayed and then fitted, bla, bla, bla.

The subtle mods often make a lot of difference such as different badges, stubby aerial, bits of carbon (pillars for example). You don't have to go all out extreme (costing a fortune) to make it unique. ;)

Thanks. I'm generally not a big fan of carbon styling. If I was going to go for any colour alteration, it would only be to go properly matt black with some red accents, but this is fairly pricey and not really on the radar. In fact, I'll add that to the Very Long Term list :)