New JVC Head Unit installed but no sound......

waylander

Hi guys

I have brought a JVC AVX830 Double din head unit http://jvcmobile.co.uk/product.php?pr=241 for my JDM 350z which has the Bose sound system.

I have also brought the following as recommended by a guide done by Rob_Quads.

http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/facia_panel/ict/p~50-256.html

and

http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/adaptor_leads/ict/p~20-260.html

Spent this afternoon fixing and connecting all the wires in and it was going along great until I turned the power on and there was no sound.......can you someone give me some advice as to where I've gone wrong ?

Have I brought the wrong bose loom ? should it be the PAC ROEM-NIS2 & ICT 20-134 and not the ICT 20-260 ?

Thanks

Jon

did you get the correct connector for the steering wheel control

http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/fitting_ ... ml?cat=659

sorry forgot to mention that my 350z has no steering wheel stereo controls

have you grounded out the system, if i remember rightly the new headunit needs to be properly earthed against the chassis otherwise you won't get anything. although if you have power and no sound then it can't be that. :shrug:

my guess is its a speaker connection

did you get the correct connector for the steering wheel control

http://www.sextonsdirect.co.uk/fitting_ ... ml?cat=659

sorry forgot to mention that my 350z has no steering wheel stereo controls

have you grounded out the system, if i remember rightly the new headunit needs to be properly earthed against the chassis otherwise you won't get anything. although if you have power and no sound then it can't be that. :shrug:

my guess is its a speaker connection

Yes, HU definately grounded and I just cant work out why there no sound

you have no steering wheel controls are you sure its a bose ?

if its not a bose (no sub behind driver = no bose) then you havethe wrong lead and your getting no sound becuase you have the pre outs hooked up to speakers .

Definately have a sub behind driver seat which has BOSE label on it, maybe becuase my 350z a JDM ?

There is on the back of the HU is "subwoofer out" RC output lead which there was nothing to attach to from the Sexton loom which I thought was a bit strange. Im not really confident enough to spliced the lead up and then manually reconnect it to the loom, do either of you live in south london, im near wimbledon and very willing to trave, any help would be very much appreciate.

just north of london and i dont mind a little drive if theres nywhere near by to meet and rip things apart.

the sub lead should be free since the the bose just uses a front/rear left/right singal and filters for the sub itself so your OK there.

what you should ahve is a blue or blue white wire on the head unit that needs to be spliced , lemme dig out a some pics from another thread.

right thi sis what needs splicing its just one wire as Robs pics show .

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=31260

wire g as it says is the amp signal , this will either be a)loose already on most head units or B) already in the output loom from the headunit.

my first jvc unit it was loose second already in the loom but either way it will be marked in some way as either amp power or power antenna.

since your unit fire up and you have the rcas hooked in its a 99% chance thats the only issue so you just need to get a termial block or some crimp on spade connectors and your done !

connection doesnt need to be super neat just solid and insulated since its 12v live but its not a signal so long as its making contact your good .

Thanks yokomo, that makes sense. Now all I have to attemp is connect the HU "subwoofer out" RC output jack lead to the blue "G" lead in the loom brought from sextons ? There a first time for everything and Im willing to try splicing and soldering this.........hope nothing blows up......

I will give that a try and let you know, thanks for all the help yokomo

nooo dont splice the sub woofer out rca to anything ! it should be a bare wire blue or blue and white. what ever you do dont cut your rcas up !

the sextons loom has wire G in th epicture yes ? a bare blue wire , your looking for the same wire coming form your jvc loom. it may be bare or it may be aprt of the loom already.

finally got round to ordering myself a new headunit, and your post about the JVC got me interested, so i've bought a slightly older model of yours the 810 insttead of the 830. looks a nice piece of kit.

just ordered all the stuff from sextons. so will have to wait and see how it goes.

am bricking it about fiddling with the wireing :lol: