Picking up my Zed

GrahamB

Right then, now all insured and set to pick up my 55 plate GT early on Saturday morning. Since I'm a technical dunce just wondered if anyone could advise me on final checks before I sign off. Anyone got any views on what shouldn't be wrong on a year old car?

Thanks in advance,

G

:stupid:

Right then, now all insured and set to pick up my 55 plate GT early on Saturday morning. Since I'm a technical dunce just wondered if anyone could advise me on final checks before I sign off. Anyone got any views on what shouldn't be wrong on a year old car?

Thanks in advance,

G

:stupid:

Someone else will come along shortly with any technical specifics, but a general good look around etc at everything would be good to still make sure its all the way it was when you commited to buying it....

If was you, I would be checking all of the front end paintwork as well, for major stonechips etc. if you haven't already, then try to get agreement from the dealer for rectification....... good luck! ;)

From http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=U&start= ... iVfIjlAc0=

Some not relavant

A FEW REMINDERS WHEN TAKING DELIVERY OF YOUR 350Z

1) PREMIUM FUEL: The 350Z requires premium fuel. Please ask to make sure that your Z has a full tank of premium fuel.

2) TIRE AIR PRESSURE: During shipping, tire pressures may be higher than required for normal driving. Please check the air pressure in all tires and adjust, as needed. The proper tire pressure for both front and rear tires is 35 psi.

3) PASSENGER SEAT BELT: The passenger side seat belt is equipped with a clip on the passenger side B-pillar to secure the seat belt when not in use. Secure the passenger side seat belt to the clip to prevent unnecessary cabin rattle noise when the belt is not in use.

4) Z's EQUIPPED WITH ALUMINUM PEDALS: The aluminum pedals are protected during shipping with a clear plastic film. Make sure the film is removed from the pedals.

5) ANTENNA ROD: Make sure the antenna rod is firmly attached to the antenna base.

6) FRONT TOW HOOK COVER: Make sure the black plastic "L" shape cover is installed in the center of the lower front grill (directly below the license plate frame, if a front license plate frame is installed).

7) OPTIONAL AUTO DIMMING REARVIEW MIRROR: If your 350Z is equipped with the optional auto dimming mirror, the compass may require calibration. Refer to the instructions included with the mirror on how to calibrate the mirror for the zone where the Z will be operated.

8) STORAGE BOX / OPTIONAL NISSAN NAVIGATION SYSTEM LID: A black colored label provides instruction for closing the lid when the storage box or optional navigation system is not in use. Do not remove the label from the lid.

9) TRACK MODEL FRONT AERO DEFLECTOR: The track model front aero deflector is stored in the trunk area during shipping. The dealer will have removed and reused the bolts securing the front engine splash shield to mount the front aero deflector.

10) BATTERY DISCONNECTION / DOOR WINDOW CONSIDERATIONS: The 350Z has a feature that lowers the window about 10mm when the door is opened. This feature also raises the window about 10mm to a "fully raised" position when the door is shut. This is to reduce wind noise and reduce door-closing effort

If the battery of a 350Z is disconnected while the doors are closed and the windows are in the fully raised position, the top edge of the windows may hang up on the edge of the roof, when the doors are opened or closed. This could damage the window, roof, or door glass run rubbers.

11) OPTIONAL TIRE PRESSURE SENSORS (350Zs with 18" wheels): 350Zs equipped with this system can be easily identified by the silver-colored valve stem installed in each wheel. Also the valve stems look slightly larger around (in diameter) than regular rubber valve stems.

Make sure the tire pressures are displaying properly.

12) RECORDS AND PAPERWORK: Be sure to keep the factory window sticker. It will have your 350Z's color and trim code, VIN and list of all equipment and options. And remember to get any and all agreements in writing from your dealer.

Thanks All!

The only fly now in the ointment is that my insurance certificate hasn't reached my dealer yet so he can tax it! (it was on the forecourt under a SORN - is this legal I wonder) :unsure: .

Hopefully it will make it there tomorrow am and I'll be a happy Zedder by lunchtime!

(of course it will be raining by then - is picking up a Zed in the rain becoming a tradition?)

G

Thanks All!

The only fly now in the ointment is that my insurance certificate hasn't reached my dealer yet so he can tax it! (it was on the forecourt under a SORN - is this legal I wonder) :unsure:

G

Well its on private land, off the road so yeah its fine...... as long as it "never" gets driven on her majesty's roads then its :thumbs:

As for the insurance certificate. Can your insurance company not fax it to them?

Most dealers would accept this......

Thanks All!

The only fly now in the ointment is that my insurance certificate hasn't reached my dealer yet so he can tax it! (it was on the forecourt under a SORN - is this legal I wonder) :unsure: .

Hopefully it will make it there tomorrow am and I'll be a happy Zedder by lunchtime!

(of course it will be raining by then - is picking up a Zed in the rain becoming a tradition?)

G

Can't they tax the car under there insurance???

6) FRONT TOW HOOK COVER: Make sure the black plastic "L" shape cover is installed in the center of the lower front grill (directly below the license plate frame, if a front license plate frame is installed).

Wish someone had posted this 18 months ago..... :dry:

how much has it cost you fella???

how much has it cost you fella???

Nothing - haven't found anyone to flog me one yet........

Are you on anonymously, lad?