Crack in N1 spoiler...

Roo

Or copy... copy I think, so its fiberglass. I initially whought it was a scratch but I don't think it is.

My local bodyshop has quoted £80 as its a fairly superficial crack. And still small. It seems reasonable but will it work? :headhurt:

Ta chaps.

Or copy... copy I think, so its fiberglass.

My local bodyshop has quoted £80 as its a fairly superficial crack. And still small. It seems reasonable but will it work? :headhurt:

Ta chaps.

If they reinforce with some fibreglass on the inside and fill the outside with body filler it will be fine and it will be as good as new if they are a good bodyshop :)

I did that at the weekend. Cracked or kerbed the front driver's side at the edge of my N1 bumper yet again as i was coming down the tight bend of the NCP multi storey car park in Nottingham :rant::bang: There is also a small chip near the front wheel arch as a result of this. Been quoted £80 for the fix..another £80 down the drain. It's the second time i have to have the fibreglass crap fixed. Would never park my car in Nottingham's multi storey car park again.

• 1 month later...

Ok so I had it fixed... perfect job , he cut out a v where the small crack was and a top notch job.

Went out today and another crack has spontaneously appeared. But this looks different and in a completly different place it looks like something has pushed it up.

Now being a hot day and the N1 being hollow... is it due to air expanding and ballooning the spoiler out? In whuch case should I ask him to drill a subtle hole underneath somewhere to prevent it happening again?

Drilled two 2mm ish holes where the blade joins the uprights (hidden in a gap in the join) should do the job. Cheers chap :thumbs:

Anyone else out there with a replica v1 may want to keep an eye on theirs. I noticed before it happened the tips of the wing were touching the boot (normally a 2-3mm gap) :dry: