Another 2 minute job !!! SH1T

Pimm

I ordered 2 new rear drop links as mine were making a horrible squeak so two 14mm nuts each side how easy was this to do NOT.

I managed to undo one of the bolts and then spent a hour trying to undo the upper one but it was not moving. In the end I managed to round off the nut and make a bigger mess than when i started. :rant::rant::rant:

I thought I will have ago on the other side and again the botton nut came off fine but the top one even though it is at a little difficult angle to get to would not move so before i wrecked that one i put it all back and will go to my local garage with my tail between my legs and ask them to do it. :blush::blush:

It's not about the money without sounding big headed but I wanted to do it myself but this time it has beat me :headhurt::headhurt::headhurt:

Time for a beer me thinks :lol::lol::lol:

i had to bow to lee's knowledge on this one, i was sure i would be able to just change the links like you. lee gave me the bar brackets drop links bushes, the lot. i did as you did and tried to prove him wrong just using the links but ended up rounding the crappy bolts until eventually change the whole lot which took minutes. lesson learned, order the whole lot.

i hate it when hes right :dry::lol:

Shame Pimm, I just whipped mine off with a 2ft braker bar and impact socket lol...You just need some muscle lol... :thumbs::teeth:

:lol: i had a similar breaker bar, even gave them a wire brush before doing it and they rounded inside the socket :surrender: just made of butter :shrug:

Shame Pimm, I just whipped mine off with a 2ft braker bar and impact socket lol...You just need some muscle lol... :thumbs::teeth:

:lol: i had a similar breaker bar, even gave them a wire brush before doing it and they rounded inside the socket :surrender: just made of butter :shrug:

Haha, you lack the skill young man, plus I think I have a couple of inches in bicep size on you lol...

I am 6 feet 1 and can drink 10 pints :wacko::wacko::wacko:

ok ok I am not weak, the nuts are too soft for me :lol::lol:

You know that old saying, don't give up your day job :lol::lol::lol: