Rolling Road

j33p1995

Hi all, Had the 350 on a rolling road today but on the 3 runs It only put out 253 bhp :angry: anybody had similar results,? It's surposed to be 296bhp I would of expected a bit nearer the mark.

Evening mate, people are asking if you us the correct octane fuel i.e 98 plus...When you open your petrol flap it tells you to use 98 ron. Your normal fuel of the pump is 95 unless your using V-Power, Excellium etc etc which are 97,98 or 99....You should use one of the latter really.

I think heat soak is the temp of the engine etc, if you drove on the motorway doing 100mph it would be getting rammed with a 100mph air flow. Some rolling road dont use fans when testing the cars hense mega heat, they should have placed a large fan infront of the car and lifted the bonnet, well all the ones ive been to have lol.

Like anything mechanical is should be maintained and serviced right...Better serviced engines should perform better...When was the car last serviced.

Hope this helps. :thumbs:

Hi, Thanks for all your replys. They used a big fan infront of the car, I try to use the right petrol but the last fill was 95, I took it quite steady to Burton then it stood for a couple of hours till it was my turn. Next service is May a p2 when it is 4yrs old, it had a p1 November at Nissan Tamworth. I'm not worried I just would like to undestand what people are saying :blush:

Combination of 95RON and pootling around will do it. Before you dyno, you need a good few tanks of good fuel and a good enthusiastic run. When on the dyno you then need a good few (at least 3) WOT runs to get the ECU to give you max power :)

There were a few converts at the last RR session we had at Surrey RR when people saw the effects of cheap fuel on power. The car is mapped for 98RON, so even to make stock power thats what you need. 95RON is "ok" for emergencies in that the engine will run on it, but not particularly well as its not mapped for it.