Need help with paint work!

phoenix

My front spoiler has been scuffed and ChipsAway have tried their best to repair it but unfortunately i am not happy with the paint colour they used. My 350 is Twilight Grey ( k51 code i think) but ChipsAway don't have this code on their system presumably because the colour is fairly new, so the chap from ChipsAway picked a colour that looked the nearest one from a colour chart. Now fair enough at no extra cost he's agreed to come back to start again with a different colour of grey but his system still cannot find a perfect match, so what do i do, is my only choice to pick a match together using his colour charts?

You are correct, your paint code should be K51 for the new grey in 2007.

One option would be to see if the local dealer has a touch up spray can in your colour code, or as a last resort you can have Halfords make up a rattle can using your paintcode, and then let the chipsaway bloke use that. :shrug:

Couldnt you just point him towards nissan dealer? Surely chips away should have the most up to date codes!!

If he cant do it right I would have thought you are in a good position to ask for your money back. :dry:

Kinda what I was thinking. Obviously that ChipsAway guy (it's a franchise, remember) hasn't bothered to go and get the correct paint colour code as it's too much hassle for him, and he's used to people just going "Oh, that's close enough, it's only a Mondeo/Golf/generic shopping trolley car". Either he gets you the correct paint or you get your money back.

Couldnt you just point him towards nissan dealer? Surely chips away should have the most up to date codes!!

If he cant do it right I would have thought you are in a good position to ask for your money back. :dry:

I haven't paid him yet.