Lowering springs question....

cfoster

As above i've decided at present not to chuck too much money at the Z due to having to chuck some money at the house / garden / decorating / holidays etc!! So, decided to keep the original wheels but get some 30mm spacers from the US, then lower her on lowering springs rather than coilovers etc..... I'm never going to be tracking the car and its barely used other than a quick blast at the weekend.

What i'd like to know is what are the lowest lowering springs on the market and what sort of drop can I achieve without having to buy coilovers, arms etc etc.... Is 30 / 40mm achievable?

Chris :)

As above i've decided at present not to chuck too much money at the Z due to having to chuck some money at the house / garden / decorating / holidays etc!! So, decided to keep the original wheels but get some 30mm spacers from the US, then lower her on lowering springs rather than coilovers etc..... I'm never going to be tracking the car and its barely used other than a quick blast at the weekend.

What i'd like to know is what are the lowest lowering springs on the market and what sort of drop can I achieve without having to buy coilovers, arms etc etc.... Is 30 / 40mm achievable?

Chris :)

The spring that will give you the best lowering/performance combo is the Eibach sportline spring which will give approx 30mm in real life. They are slightly stiffer as a result but only just more than the ubiquitous Eibach pro kit spring. Both are well matched to the OEM damper :thumbs: The are springs like gmax which will claim 40mm drop but these like many other will be cheap and sagging and you will regret buying them :thumbdown:

CS should be able to get you the Eibachs ;)

Spacers 30mm at the back is uber cool but i doubt you will pull it off at the front ;) 20mm will be perfect.