Road Angel install on center of dash

Kennydies

No, I actually use velcro coins to stick to the dash

I took my power point fom inside the cubby hole , put a 4 way power point in, as mines a JDM and dont have a power point in the front ,only the one behind armrest at rear..not neat but handy for my Sat Nav as well when fitted :)

P1010005-1.jpg

I took my power point fom inside the cubby hole , put a 4 way power point in, as mines a JDM and dont have a power point in the front ,only the one behind armrest at rear..not neat but handy for my Sat Nav as well when fitted :)

P1010005-1.jpg

Where is the power source in the cubby? Or am I missing something?

P1010005-1.jpg

Where is the power source in the cubby? Or am I missing something?

yep in the cubby

P1010001-3.jpg

No Jim, I ripped centre consol out and found a power wire that was live with ingnition on, sorry cant remember now which wire, and took a feed from that :thumbs:

drilled a small hole in bottom corner of cubby hole and threaded wire through to the 4 way power supply 30 min job

Thanks lomoto, that confirms what I had been thinking myself. :thumbs:

It shouldn't be too difficult to find a suitable cable once I get the console off. I seem to remember there was a thread with instructions on how to do that recently. Cheers. :D

I installed the Road Angel today. It sits between the trip computer and the volt meter with the power coming up the air vert next to the window....

One question... after messing around for 30 mins I gave up and just patched into the wires but.... how do you get the plug out the back of the cigarette lighter?

I installed the Road Angel today. It sits between the trip computer and the volt meter with the power coming up the air vert next to the window....

One question... after messing around for 30 mins I gave up and just patched into the wires but.... how do you get the plug out the back of the cigarette lighter?

:wacko: lost me there

Well, i was looking at the power point at the passenger foot well. Looking at the back of it it looks like it just pushes on but I think there must be some sort of catch. In the position i was in cant really get a good look at it.

Ahhhh in that case I'm not the man to ask, JDM Zed's dont have a power point there..thats why I took the power from my cubby hole modification :)