carbon wrap

dan4

Seems to be a lot of carbon wrapping of Z parts goin on at present but I have the chance to buy a carbon bonnet for the Rex but it has seen a hard life. Id like to know whether it could be wrapped so it looks good as new and a rough cost of it also....

PICT3496.jpg

If its just lacquer damage it will clean up with some wet and dry and a machine polisher :thumbs:

definatly , have a look on my350z (darn it why i do have to keep ref them!) there's a small guide on there or get a body shop to .

bascially as long as the top layer of weave isnt damaged to badly you can sand it down and then re resin it , sand and laquer !

i know its lighter than the original but there is no way i would wrap real carbon fibre in fake, it can be flatted down and re laqured if the place is really good, i had mine done but the laqure kept misting up all the time, im sure there is a special polish you can buy to take care of it after its been redone tho