Pioneer DVD Bypass Relay

ian.lewkowicz

If you mean bypassing the ability to only watch DVDs while stationary (or any other video for that matter), then all you do is take the Handbrake Signal wire (lime coloured) from the Pioneer loom and ground it to the black ground wire on the same loom. No relay required (well I didn't use one anyways)

Ah rite that's weird as I've read in a few places that you need to have a relay as it can't be permanently grounded. So you either need a Relay for an automated delay or a toggle switch to fool the head unit into thinking that the hand brake had been taken off and then re-applied?

Will try it and see what happens

Yeah, to be honest I'm not too fussed about watching DVD's etc, especially when I'm driving (I'm not that stupid - most of the time) I was just thinking about passengers, not bothering to find the brake switch, and also I'd heard it also does some things with the bluetooth kit, so without knowing what it knocks off I wanted to just bypass it. Just weird that I'd heard from a number of sources (and also seen youtube videos) about creating a relay when it's not needed :s