Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD

ian.lewkowicz

Hi

I was wondering if anyone on here has this head unit fitted in their 350z?

If so does the double din fascia fit or did ya have to trim it / make your own?

I've taken the old bose unit out and just trying to fit the unit and it doesn't seem to fit so before I go trimming my fascia just wondering whether anyone else has already done it?

Thanks

ah thats the new one, well if it doesnt fit your in the same boat i was.

either use the trim that came wiht it and have gaps, dint like the idea of that myself or carefully grind back the other one .

i ground mine back at the top wiht a dremel a little at a time , if you work form the back forward you can make sure the finish isnt affected.

does the front have to flip for cd access ? thats the main reason i had to trim mine , then just radius the corners a little.

Yeah it comes out for CD/DVD access with the hinges on the bottom as far as I remember. I had thought I'll have to just grind the trim a bit, bit of a bugger that it can't fit in the cage though as it means i've gotta take the dash off each time I wanna get to the back, lol

yeah mines not caged either , heres the trick though... dont mount it to the front of the dash liek the oem one is . mines scred to the facia trim them that is screwed to the bulk head and not to the front. this made installing it 100 times easyer infatc i couldnt get it all in wiht it mounted to the front !

plus it means takeing the front off to change things is not just 2 screws and unclip , dead easy ! okso you cant just pull the HU out but it also means neither can it be nicked that way !

How have you secured the stereo to the fascia and the fascia to the bulk head?

sorry not the facia , the 2 metal clamps that hold the bose in are bolted to the HU and then to the bulk head, using the same plate youve got there. trimmed the middle bar out then opened the hole out a little but enough :(

take your time it will work fine.

fakeindian: Yeah I've cut the centre bar out but it doesn't seem to fit over enough, will take a look and see if i'm being too paranoid about the amount it tilts etc

yokomo: Yeah I've got the 2 metal clamps attached to the new head unit. Gonna have to do a trial of how far the front face tilts when it's giving access to the cd/dvd tray as that's the bit i'm worrying about

fakeindian: Yeah I've cut the centre bar out but it doesn't seem to fit over enough, will take a look and see if i'm being too paranoid about the amount it tilts etc

yokomo: Yeah I've got the 2 metal clamps attached to the new head unit. Gonna have to do a trial of how far the front face tilts when it's giving access to the cd/dvd tray as that's the bit i'm worrying about

i don't know then bud... maybe put some pics up so we can have a look and try and help... i hope you get it done in time mate looking forward to see it tomorrow ;)