Ripspeed Donny 2006

Removed

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys I've been moving house and really busy at work...new role, so I've been unable to get online. I really want to attend the show. Can anyone contact me to organise (pm). Thanks, Aaron.

patto (and anyone ese who wants to come at the last minute, you have to ring this number 01775 768661, quote you want to get onto the 350z-uk.com stand, pay with a credit or debit card, and give your details and car registration.

Ticket and stand will be collected at the gate, but if we met before getting in, both on saturday and sunday, we should be collecting it together anyway :)

Valerio

this one :)

I don't need to stay over, I could take steve_b's place on the stand on Sunday maybe... if he's only staying for Saturday that is. I'll be driving from Norwich. If that sounds cool I'll get waxing tomorrow!

In previous years I have taken my cars up there they don't tend to check the regs.

"Forget" to put it in the window then just wave it at them when you go in and you should be fine!!

No promises though but if you go in with other z's they normally don't cars on the regs.

guys.......

what an amazing weekend!

where do I start?

Saturday was an early start indeed: 5am alarm :dry: just to find it started raining on my newly polished Z :dry::dry:

Arrived on time @ Donny services to meet Chesterfield & Mrs, Stve_Jones & Mrs and steve_b & Mrs!

we got to Donington and started queuing: took me and steve_b TWO HOURS to finally arrive at our spot, through a very tight tunnel passage with KERBS! scary stuff :scare: to find steve_jones and chris had already put up the gazebo! well done guys. We were neighbouras of ClubCento, Fiat 500 and 600 owners' club! :scare::teeth::teeth:

after cleaning the cars (you got to love Meguiars booster wax! B) ) and missing the morning D1 UK drift action, we had a walk around the track and trade stands and we decided to buy a programme to be aware off the times of anything going on... we then have a wander towards the pit lanes to meet Andy Barnes from Sumo intent in preparing his pink Z and his time attack cars (R34 and Evo) for the events, we were surprised to hear that the pink one had broken...... the driveshaft! (carbon fibre one).

now we know that 700nm of torque is the limit for the oem CF driveshaft! B) pics when chris uploads them

Andy also invites us to come to visit the pits later on, always said he's a great guy! B) (Andy lose the beard though, you look like Jesus :):bleh: )

we also discovered another Z participating to the D1 event to gain one of the 35 D1 UK licences needed to compete in the championshi, belonging to SVAImports. Nce design, radiator in the boot, roof cooling scoop and side scoops, white Z with Carbon Creations full CF bodykit B)

We went to see the drifting in the afternoon (and the Jet fuelled quad bike, madness! ) to see the above Z had radiator issues and not running. The Sunday would be critical for both Zeds to gain a licence, no pressure Tim! ;) (Marshall, Sumo D1 driver, very nice bloke, we had a chat later on)

I then met NickMSM and gorgeous girlfriend, I'm sorting the SpeedRacing kit for him and was nice to meet up, now we'll just need to get your gf involved as a promo girl for the club stands mate, as she's done that sort of thing before, she said! :teeth:B)

then I met Andy, who sorted my evening entertainment and hotel, THANKS AGAIN! :teeth:B)

we went to eat with some of Andy's friends who drive like crazy people and nearly got us all killed ;) but very nice guys :D

We then joined the "in" crowd of Yoco website, UkShowcars (Mellllllllllllllllll Easter boobies rash! ;):teeth: )and random hot models @ the Thistle hotel who kindly provided us with a cheesy disco for the night, but we were already pi**ed anyway :stretcher:

at the end of the night... we WALKED back to Donny services Travelodge, despite being 100000000 miles away :lol:

4 hours sleep later, back up again to meet up Patto (unkowingly at this time) and AK47 (great guys, the both of you! :teeth: and Chris again dreading another 2 hours queue to get in, but there wasn't any! :yahoo:

we re-set up the stand bar the gazebo, (in hindsight a godsend, got VERY windy later on) then got to cheer up Tim in his pink Z (very cautios and smooth driving, he needed to get some points then! B) ) meet pete jenkins (nice guy! ) and his sunset Z and bigphil with his Nismoed Z (both on different stands)

Networked some more with KW, LSD, and Ultimate Velocity, who told us they install Greddy TT kits for the UK Zeds below £5k! they'll come on board and give us more info hopefully, but good news indeed! B)

More drifting, random naked women, time attack, more naked women, ClubCento, WIND, rain, sunshine, WIND and the day came to an end.

All in all great weekend....B):teeth:B):teeth:B):teeth:

Finally, TheMinel would like to thank, in random order of importance:

random naked women (only the good-looking ones)

Chesterfield & Mrs

steve_b & Mrs

steve_jones & Mrs (get that S2000, you go girl! B) )

NickMSM and gorgeous girlfriend B)

Andy & friends & colleagues (LOTS of them! )

Morning coffee

Muffins

Steak

Aaron (AK47, great guy, and cool as fu&k B) )

Patto (Paul, great looking Z mate, great guy and thanks for joining us! )

The 350Z Uk Ownersclub

Andy Barnes

Tim Marshall

The SUNISHINE!

WORK wheels

Easter boobie rash! :teeth:B)

the WIND (NOT :dry: )

I came down on the Saturday (left my zed in the carpark, was a last minute descision) at about 10:30, i watched the first stage of the D1 which was FANTASTIC, saw the Sumo 350 do only one drift, so i walked over and chatted to a chap from the sumo team (no idea who he was) for a while, who explained that the driveshaft had gone ! :scare:

I stopped by your little nook twice in the day, once before 2pm and then sometime before i left at around 4pm, but there was no on there, just 4 or 5 lonesome zed's!

I have some piccies i took here, but beware, there are boobies :yahoo:

http://www.nixbox.co.uk/gallery2/v/Donny06/

Will

oh lets see the pics of the driveshaft !

Yeh, it is a shame we didnt meet, there will be other meets eh !

im on the way getting rid of all the number plates, its a nightmare task !

Will