Attention Blueflame owners - VIDEO ADDED 25TH MAY

captain

Has anybody got a decent quality clip of the sound of the Blueflame? Their own clips on their website are atrocious and the YouTube selction not much better.

A nice close-up still of the end pipe would be good as well. :)

Also, there seem to be a variety of sources. Simply - where's cheapest?? :thumbs:

I was but got my head turned by the cat-back Blueflame.

Have you checked out their site and videos?

http://www.blueflameperformance.com/pra ... 0&pageid=3

I think the look/sound/power gains/price combo is excellent.

Any opinions would be welcome.

Never heard one before or know anyone with one, but the clips/website is catchy and looks like the know what they are doing.

Good price for y-pipe and exhaust comparable to japspeed.

But all exhaust sound nice on clips and its always a good idea to listen to them live before choosing if possible.

Go for it so long as there is no bad feedback on them :thumbs:

Blueflame have a good rep and those who have run them seemed very happy. However, I think they were all custom jobs and I don't know anyone who has bought "off the shelf".

Blueflame don't do custom as far as I know, at least not normally. Mine was definitely "off the shelf" anyway. You can choose from two different tailpipe options but that's it, and that part bolts on anyway so it's just a matter of them chucking a different tailpipe into the box.

One thing to note with the Blueflame 350Z system is that they have recently removed the silencer from the mid pipe to make it a little louder as some people thought it was too quiet. The problem with this change is that it means all of the sound clips on the website are even less representative! :lol:

Mine is one of the older ones with the mid box in place and I can see what they mean as it really isn't much louder than stock once you get over 3000rpm, although it is a bit more deeper sounding lower down in the rev range. Rather than get the new mid pipe I've decided to chuck some HFCs on and see how that sounds.

Fit and finish are excellent by the way! :thumbs:

Someone on here recently bought the new spec Blueflame but I don't think they've posted their thoughts on it yet. Might be worth dropping a post in this thread to see if you can get any more info:

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=31452

Blueflame have a good rep and those who have run them seemed very happy. However, I think they were all custom jobs and I don't know anyone who has bought "off the shelf".

Blueflame don't do custom as far as I know, at least not normally. Mine was definitely "off the shelf" anyway. You can choose from two different tailpipe options but that's it, and that part bolts on anyway so it's just a matter of them chucking a different tailpipe into the box.

One thing to note with the Blueflame 350Z system is that they have recently removed the silencer from the mid pipe to make it a little louder as some people thought it was too quiet. The problem with this change is that it means all of the sound clips on the website are even less representative! :lol:

Mine is one of the older ones with the mid box in place and I can see what they mean as it really isn't much louder than stock once you get over 3000rpm, although it is a bit more deeper sounding lower down in the rev range. Rather than get the new mid pipe I've decided to chuck some HFCs on and see how that sounds.

Fit and finish are excellent by the way! :thumbs:

Someone on here recently bought the new spec Blueflame but I don't think they've posted their thoughts on it yet. Might be worth dropping a post in this thread to see if you can get any more info:

viewtopic.php?f=62&t=31452

From the Blueflame site...

http://www.blueflameperformance.com/custom.php

Also a quick search on here for "blueflame" will throw up at least one of the earlier custom jobs. ;)

So no Blueflame owners at all with the unsilenced version..............

Methinks I'll have to be first then. B)

As I said above "prometheus" has the new version. Try PMing him or adding a post to the thread I mentioned above.

So no Blueflame owners at all with the unsilenced version..............

Methinks I'll have to be first then. B)

As I said above "prometheus" has the new version. Try PMing him or adding a post to the thread I mentioned above.

Thanks MattG.

Couldn't wait and ordered it anyway. So that's new brakes, new rims, new rubber, new exhaust, new air filter, new grille in the last 2 weeks................... :teeth::teeth:

Good job I haven't got a social life. :wheelchair:

• 3 weeks later...

Would love to have your thoughts on the exhaust when you have it fitted, in regards to the fitment, build quality and loudness , as it looks like a nice exhaust and a very good price. I had one on my seat ibiza cupra r many years ago and that was really nice. Just a little worried it will be to loud for me with out the mid silencer :dry:

• 2 weeks later...