Fitting conventional parking sensors

kazman

Hi all

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to fit the conventional type parking sensors (4 of them) to the rear bumper WITHOUT having to remove the rear bumper?

Im sure one of the searches i read suggested that you could, but i waould be interested to know how you run the wiring through the grommet without full access?

Thoughts from anyone who had performed this / failed to perform this much appreciated :thumbs:

15 mins is a bit optimistic but with 2 people and a bit of patience it isnt that difficult. i would say if you have never had it off before set aside and hour to take it off.

there is an excellent guide on here somewhere on how to take it off as well.

IIRC it took me about 45mins.

EDIT:-

there u go

http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Rear_Bumper_Removal

Sparky

15 mins is a bit optimistic but with 2 people and a bit of patience it isnt that difficult. i would say if you have never had it off before set aside and hour to take it off.

EDIT:-

there u go

http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Rear_Bumper_Removal

Sparky

I actually read that thread earlier today, but thanks for attaching it - really kind of you.

Ok, bumper off it is. Think i might go for the invisible type sensor if i am going to that effort (i understand that the crash bar is insulated as standard and therefore presents no problem).

Fnarr! Fnarr!, Chortle Chortle

Thanks for all the help guys (including Finbar Saunders quotes) :lol:

Good to hear the invisible ones are looking like a popular option - i have always been interested in this solution.

And yes, im not afraid to admit that i find the rear visibility in the Z quite tricky... though of course i will blame the requirement of it on my GF when my mates ask...

• 4 months later...

my car was done by halfords on friday for £159 quid. took it in in morning n picked up after work. 3 rear sensors n colour coded azure blue.Can hardly see them, work great and well worth the cash. Probably cheaper options but dropped off before work n job done whilst at work n no scraped knuckles!

My 350 came fitted with aftermarket black sensors that were fitted by the dealer. One of them didnt work so i looked into replacing them with colour coded ones. Theres a few decent kits available but i went the cheap option and brought a Cisbo kit of ebay for £17 delivered. There grey and not a perfect match but much better then black.

I removed the rear bumper as in the guide above which was very easy and fitted the new sensors and control unit. The Cisbo kit works in the exactly same way as the more expensive dealer fit kit so i'm happy. There really is nothing to the kit, just a control unit, a buzzer, 4 sensors and its 2 wires to power the unit of the reverse light.