Anybody have a way to contact hotmail???

Gilly199

For the past few days i thought my E-mail account has been very quiet. Bought something on ebay and never got any E-mails confirming. only thing is did confirm is my hotmail is stuffed.

Spent the best part of 3 hours just trying to find a help desk or soemthing like that. best i got was a forum where you post up your problem and someone get back in like 3-4 days. what the hell good is that.

anybody any ideas???

thanks

Gilly

Unless you pay for the added extras (like space and so on) then you'll have little choice but to wait for the Hotmail team to respond via a forum post. Most people use the free options, hence little support.

Have you tried emailing yourself to see if it comes through? If it does then it's not Hotmail it could be eBays end or wherever you are expecting emails from.

Also, do the obvious and check your Junk email folder incase settings have changed and they are ending up in there instead of your inbox.

It is quite common for email issues to occur on any mailing system. Basically, once they find the issue on one of their servers they will fix it and you'll probably get a flood of backlogged emails coming through one day...

Unless you pay for the added extras (like space and so on) then you'll have little choice but to wait for the Hotmail team to respond via a forum post. Most people use the free options, hence little support.

Have you tried emailing yourself to see if it comes through? If it does then it's not Hotmail it could be eBays end or wherever you are expecting emails from.

Also, do the obvious and check your Junk email folder incase settings have changed and they are ending up in there instead of your inbox.

It is quite common for email issues to occur on any mailing system. Basically, once they find the issue on one of their servers they will fix it and you'll probably get a flood of backlogged emails coming through one day...

Yea i had an e-mail sent to me as a test and as expected not even a peep.

I know what you mean free E-mail, crap support. But free or not i would have expected a provider with the sheer size and popularity of hotmail to have better support than that.

Hotmail is one of the largest (if not, THE largest) emailing service on the web. The reason there is little personal support is because of the sheer numbers involved.

They'll end up getting a zillion emails and phone calls every day and then people will say that the support is crap and not worth having (they'll be there forever trying to help individuals, when they could be getting on with upgrading, improving it all for everyone with no hassle).

I know what you mean though...

hey thanks for the inspiration. i delved further and found thats the settings has been changed for the junk folder.

changed to.

#move all non trusted, contacts E-mails to junk folder untill verified.

#automaticly delete all items in junk folder.

So, thats means allmy mail from the past xxxx has been deleted the second it got to my inbox.

I believe my virus problem has not been solved as i had first thought. :headhurt: