Malfunction Light

whitey

Hello,

Whilst I was attempting to fit a new headunit at the weekend with the centre console removed and the battery earth disconnected, by mistake I tried to start the car! Upon refitting everything I notice that a orange light was lit on the dash, it's the one which looks like catylist converter. The user manual says this is the malfunction indicator.

Is there any way I can attemp to reset this myself?

I have found this guide but I'm unsure as to whether this will reset this light:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=89

That's what you need BUT never do a reset without recording the code first.

After step 7 take a note of the sequence of flashes before proceding to step 8. There is a list of codes on the site.

Update,

I have reset the light using the procedure and it is now clear.

The code that was displayed was the light flashing: Slow 10 times, fast 10 times, fast 10 times, fast 10 times.

Can anyone tell me what this code means? I'm sure it was battery related but would like to confirm.

Cheers

That sounds good then!

This happened to me also about a year ago when i removed my original headunit, when I took it to my dealer they said it was showing that communication had been lost between the ECU and the centre panel, which it had cause i had disconnected it! They cleared the fault and the car was then fine.

It must be the same thing this time when i disconnected the battery and centre console, just wanted to check though.

Thanks all for your help