What Coilovers???

Rob2005

Gonna buy coilovers in the nest few days so would like all you opinions and experiences on which ones to go for.

Am on a budget and would like to keep it below £1000.

I dont track the car so a fast road set up would be fine for my driving :thumbs:

Guest prescience

Forgive me, but if you don't track the car is there any real benefit. And is it worth £1000

Do you want to leave that Golf GTi 3 lengths behind instead of 2?

Guest prescience

£1000 is much better spent elsewhere IMO unless you are going to track the car; and if you were to do that, uprated brakes would be the best first mod

£1000 is much better spent on fine wine, good food and loose women than Golfs IMO ;) Actually its better spent on golf

How long have I searched for a 'Get A Life' smiley in vain

Hmmmmm pot calling kettle...Mr Vortec S/C etc. etc.. :teeth:

if you could drive my car (which you can't), i think you might notice the difference between a slightly (possibly) improved cornering with a fraction less roll as compared to 50% more power with noise to match.

Cost/benefit and I say a nice set of golf clubs is better than 1k on suspension

Got to agree Dorian, thats why I never bothered fitting the Teins :blush:

Oh except the golf club b*llocks of course,

I have to say that despite me not thinking they'd make a lot of difference to the driveability of the car, new suspensions can definitely be felt! it's all in the choosing the best setup though, as you can end up with too harsh a ride and not be happy, as well as too much of a drop with wrong springs.

Great to see y our all waffling on about crap on this post but can anyone actually offer me good advice or just talk about golf clubs and stuff????? :dry:

I think the car is to soft and needs a lower ride height and stiffening.

Springs will not do the job on OE shocks as they will simply not cope so coilovers are my best option.

Thanks for your advice so far :rant:

Anyone with tidy info please give a guy a hand....... :thumbs:

Guest prescience
Great to see y our all waffling on about crap on this post but can anyone actually offer me good advice or just talk about golf clubs and stuff????? :dry:

I think the car is to soft and needs a lower ride height and stiffening.

Springs will not do the job on OE shocks as they will simply not cope so coilovers are my best option.

Thanks for your advice so far :rant:

Anyone with tidy info please give a guy a hand....... :thumbs:

Yes, sorry about that, it can happen here and often happens elsewhere; seeing as you have had no useful input to date and since I have no personal experience myself, the following link would seem to provide some research information until someone who has done this personally pops along

http://www.my350z.com/forum/search.php?searchid=1780770

Guest prescience

No Rob is correct :)

I think he will benefit from the my350z link, that is where I do all my research and did for my S/C etc. Its a pain putting up with yanks, but sometimes it must be done to get the best advice ;)

Just a word of warning, don't post the question in the same format over there - you will get mullered and pointed to the Search button :dry:

Guest prescience

No its not working for some reason, perhaps searches only stay active for a certian length of time.

All I did was, got to my350z.com forums and then search through the advanced search option for the word 'coilover' in the thread TITLE. There are a LOT of threads hence my comment that this would be beneficial I have not perused them myself since I am not interested.

I would recomend tein

I had Superstreets on mine then upgraded to Type Flex with EDFC recently.

They make a big difference at hich speeds also with the edfc i will be able to change things quickly for track drag and drift use at places like crail raceway.

Superstreets would be ideal for you.

Lew

Ah I see, thought it would be more technical than that :lol:

V Adjustments make a huge difference I first set them rock hard all corners, on the road seemed fine but on a track handled like a dog, now settings changed and everything seems OK, road 100% better, track errrm need to sort one or two issues then will be the real test :teeth: .

Thanks for tidying the thread and for all the info.

Looks like Teins are the ones to go for then... :thumbs:

Thanks for the help guys and sorry for my tantrem, when i had the S2000 and i was a memeber of the S2k owners club the amount of crap that went on there was stupid..... Old habbit of trying to keep people on topic. :boxing:

Thanks once again :p