Hi speed issue

Tucks

Just thought I'd share this with you guys / see if this has happened to anyone else:

Drove my Zed down to the Alps last week, and en route, in France, we cracked on a bit, and by that I mean well north of a ton.... suddenly, a very loud stange noise started from the front of the car and so I slowed to 80 right away, at which point the noise subsided.....tried going faster and slower to pin point the problem, and it seemed to be to do with a loud , abrasive, flapping sound at higher speed.....we were pretty nervous to begin with, but then I thought that it must be some bodywork loose.... after stopping and looking under the car, there was the culprit; the plastic protective underside tray had come loose, with two of the screws that hold it on having ripped out.

This was due to the increased airflow under the car at the high speed. After some farly lame French, and some 20 Euros, some nice French guys at a Peugeot dealership jacked it up and fired in some new screws, problem solved.

anyway, just wondered if this has happened to anyone else, and secondly, it may be worth so of you checking your screws for tightness / consider replacing....

Just thought I'd share this with you guys / see if this has happened to anyone else:

Drove my Zed down to the Alps last week, and en route, in France, we cracked on a bit, and by that I mean well north of a ton.... suddenly, a very loud stange noise started from the front of the car and so I slowed to 80 right away, at which point the noise subsided.....tried going faster and slower to pin point the problem, and it seemed to be to do with a loud , abrasive, flapping sound at higher speed.....we were pretty nervous to begin with, but then I thought that it must be some bodywork loose.... after stopping and looking under the car, there was the culprit; the plastic protective underside tray had come loose, with two of the screws that hold it on having ripped out.

This was due to the increased airflow under the car at the high speed. After some farly lame French, and some 20 Euros, some nice French guys at a Peugeot dealership jacked it up and fired in some new screws, problem solved.

anyway, just wondered if this has happened to anyone else, and secondly, it may be worth so of you checking your screws for tightness / consider replacing....

Happened to me on the Millbrook high speed ring at 130 - scared both me and Colin a little at the time. Couple of cable ties and we were good to go again :thumbs:

I've had that problem too.. brown trouser moment the first time it happens :lol:

In the end it actually wore away too far to screw back so I took a steak knife to it :blush:

I was actually in tescos car park and an old bloke came up to me saying "bloody English cars, not made like they used to be" :lol::lol:

I've had that problem too.. brown trouser moment the first time it happens :lol:

In the end it actually wore away too far to screw back so I took a steak knife to it :blush:

I was actually in tescos car park and an old bloke came up to me saying "bloody English cars, not made like they used to be" :lol::lol:

Ian also had to rescue me in Solihull with thick gaffer tape!!!! It was our own fault when putting the car back together we forget to put any of the screws back in!!!!!!!!! :blush:

Ian also had to rescue me in Solihull with thick gaffer tape!!!! It was our own fault when putting the car back together we forget to put any of the screws back in!!!!!!!!! :blush:

I totally forgot about that :lol::lol: Funny day

Interesting that it has happened to a few of you.... the screws clearly aren't up to the job above 130 / 140, notably not a big issue in the UK, but something to consider if giving the continent and bit of a pasting (responsibly of course)!! :teeth: