UpRev RS Tuning

ug45cwb

Got my car tuned at RS Tuning yesterday. Was already getting 277 at the fly so didn't get massive gains. Car is definitely a bit better all round now. Pulls better, sounds better and uses less fuel. Got in a bit of trouble when I slated the slightly bodged looking wheel arches on a Vauxhall Tigra that was on the ramp there. Turns out it belongs to one of the guys working there :doh:

tune010-1.jpg

Current performance mods are plenum spacer and Nismo exhaust. Really want to get it upto 300bhp. What do you think would show a bigger gain, hi-flow cats or a kinetix velocity manifold? Or something else? Currently have a standard airbox and filter.

884l.jpg

Cheers :thumbs:

de cats and a drop in panel filter will see more gains, especially if its tweaked with RS tuning. and the XYZ pipe that abbey do

+1 High flow/de-cats and a replacement y-pipe should get you more gains. Stick with the stock intake and get a free flowing panel filter.

Had mine done at RS in January and was very pleased with the results

de cats and a drop in panel filter will see more gains, especially if its tweaked with RS tuning. and the XYZ pipe that abbey do

I would suggest going for sports/race cats instead of de-cats. Saves having to remove them every time you MOT the car and the difference in performance is quite small. The XYZ pipe also works really well. I am getting about 320hp (flywheel) with a stock exhaust, XYZ pipe, Kinetix sports cats and a HKS filter - and of course a remap done at Abbey.

I would suggest going for sports/race cats instead of de-cats. Saves having to remove them every time you MOT the car and the difference in performance is quite small. The XYZ pipe also works really well. I am getting about 320hp (flywheel) with a stock exhaust, XYZ pipe, Kinetix sports cats and a HKS filter - and of course a remap done at Abbey.

Bloomin 'eck 320bhp! That's a fantastic result. Do you have any other mods or is that all from the exhaust/filter?

Bloomin 'eck 320bhp! That's a fantastic result. Do you have any other mods or is that all from the exhaust/filter?

Its a 2006 car with supposedly 295HP to start with. Parts include Kinetix sports cats, XYZ pipe, HKS filter and a complete remap.

Valveman, do you have a printout of the dyno results? Would be really interesting to see.

Yes I do.

If you speak to Mark at Abbey and he will tell you what is possible and provide advise. What I can tell you is the cats, XYZ pipe and filter element (standard air box as this flows the best) made a big improvement straight away and then when I had the car remapped a week later this further refined the whole set up. The engine sounds and drives like my friends V8 M3 that I have driven a few times. All the standard Nissan V6 "roughness" has disappeared and the engine is as smooth as silk and feels more like a V8 instead of a V6. Also has a wonderful wail approaching 4000rpm.

I believe there are a few on this forum advertising similar HP figures so I don't think there is anything unusual about mine. You just need to speak to someone who knows how to get the best gains for your money and what parts really work.