Power steering judder and oil leak

pubtricks

Hi Guys,

I have an 04 350Z from new, I have not used it for many months and I fired her up today. The steering made a horrible noise and on full lock then the wheel judders. I then noticed an oil leak from the front of the car (centre).

I assume something in my power steering has gone but I'm no expert. I assume the power steering has some oil (the oil is thin and not like engine oil).

The thing that puzzles me is the car also makes a "turbo" noise (it has no turbo!) when I rev the engine. Does the engine speed have anything to do with the power steering and it's internal pressure?

It will be off to the garage tomorrow but my dealer is rubbish and I want to get some tips before I go and see them.

Thanks,

David

Hey matey, ive just picked up my Z from the garage, it was in there about 3 weeks and i drove it home about 30 miles and started showing the same symptoms that u r describing!! My dad is a mechanic so i got him to take a look and it is the short 6" rubber hose going to the bottom of the power steering fluid cooler behind the bumper grille. I

It went to the dealer as it needed a service at the same time. They also said the rubber hose, but wait for this bit!

The guy at Westway Nissan told me the alluminium pipe that is connected to the rubber hose needs changing as it was porus. What a pile of C^&P. I phoned Nissan customer services and I'm waiting for a call back to see what happens.

I'm not naming and shaming the dealer yet, I want to see what Nissan tell me directly then I will update you. But a good tip is to phone Nissan if you ever suspect the dealer is pulling a fast one and let them come down on them like a ton of bricks.