Need new rear discs ?

andyvvc

Ive had SSS rear pads running on OEM discs on the rear for about a year now. Lots of meat left in the pads but the discs do look past it (discs are older than the pads).

Im now getting a grinding/scraping noise from the left rear under braking. When driving normally (no foot brake) all is fine. It sounds like something might be trapped between the pad/disc. I can see some slight scoring on the disc itself, but other than that it doesnt look any worse then the other rear disc.

I suspect its time for new discs anyway - OEM is a waste of my time unless someone sells then cheap. Any suggestions on what discs to get (and where from) and also what the grinding might be? Im gonna call Nissan for the THIRD time to get my car booked in for a P3 - i reckon i will end up at Nationwide tomorrow if im lucky getting the brakes investigated :headhurt:

Allegedly the rear pads are badly worn 'on the inside' (the bit i cant easily see....hmmmm!). Outer pads have loads of meat on them. Nothing stuck between the pads.

Anyway, i guess safe rather than sorry. CS got the PM in first, so i have asked for pricing on the EBC grooved rear discs and some DS25000 pads (to match my fronts).

Nationwide want 220.54 PER REAR DISC ! Naturally they can...erm....spin lol Told them i will supply parts and book car in next week for fitting.

The EBC grooved discs and ds2500 pads are on order from CS. Top service from CS by the way. Parts should be at my work address monday morning, ready for the car to go into Nationwide on Tuesday. Then she is in at Nissan on Thursday for all the oils and coolant change. And i then need two new Falken 452s on the front. Oh, and ive just paid the insurance this month (499 quid) and ive just bought new rear 452s this monday.

I am officially skint ! :blackeye:

Still, it's worth it for the :drive1B)

Allegedly the rear pads are badly worn 'on the inside' (the bit i cant easily see....hmmmm!). Outer pads have loads of meat on them. Nothing stuck between the pads.

Anyway, i guess safe rather than sorry. CS got the PM in first, so i have asked for pricing on the EBC grooved rear discs and some DS25000 pads (to match my fronts).

Nationwide want 220.54 PER REAR DISC ! Naturally they can...erm....spin lol Told them i will supply parts and book car in next week for fitting.

see my thread here about wear

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=17087&hilit=+rear+brakes