Opinions please..

350zStephen

I sold a new shape type r for the zed.

The type r was a pain in the ass to drive,had to have it screaming to make good progress.There is no guts below 4k revs so you have to drive like a nutter everywhere.

The zed is a completley different animal and pulls whatever gear your in.Would not dream of going back to vtec.

I agree with most opinions here on this.

I looked at the old shape Type R a few years back and was very underwelled tbh; and I was driving a Saab Turbo at the time. I remember thinking point to point over B roads my Saab could keep up with this. It had no torque. Needed to rev the engine naturally, but the noise was just thrashy when you did.

I looked at R32s, Golf GTIs, Focus STs, S2000s, and Elises this time around(get my Z last month) The hatchs were just fast versions of their lesser cousins and the others were too hardcore for everyday use. I didn't bother with the new Type R this time, as I now think it looks like its been covered in superglue and driven through Halfords :teeth:

Think the Z makes you feel special next to hatch, but is reasonable practical too.

If this helps a colleague of mine chopped his Z in for a Focus ST, so he could get the dogs in the back. He misses it terribly and is very jealous of me.

Bradders.

PS Second dibs on the exhaust though after Cragus :boxing:

The zed is an arse in this weather, as has already been said. I came from a Leon Cupra R, so I know the compromise your feeling. All this stuck in traffic, driving like a nanny in the wet. Apart from the look and sound, there isn't anything to inspire you. You're paying all this money on fuel etc, and you're getting nothing more than you would from a V6 saloon, except less space. So it can seem like a tragic waste of money.

When it's dry roads though, it's simply amazing. Sports cars like these are on a different plane to normal cars. The experience you get with Z's, boxsters, Z4's etc is something you'll never get with any hatch, and only a handful of saloons that happen to have RS or M in their tag.

WAIT. The money and everything makes perfect sense then. :)