(Not) Another Service Question...

MattMe

I have my P2 service due next month and the car's done 55k now.

I'd rahter not pay the nice people at the service garage to do any extras I can do myself. So I'm going to change the plugs, air filter and brake fluid myself, let them do the oil etc and stamp my book.

So this leads me to ask two questions. In the past when I've changed plugs on my cars I've changed the HT leads too but nobody's mentioned that on here. Is that because in the past I've owned cars older than me and with this car being a 2004 the leads should still be okay? I guess so.

The other thing is I was thinking about fitting th MD 5/16s plenum spacer, purely to preserve my new investment in spark plugs ;)

Does anyone in the UK supply these, and what is the difference between the ISO/copper versions of the spacer? I looked on the MD website but couldn't really make sense of it. I'm guessing unless you're talking highly tuned engines it makes little difference when considering the price.

Thank you all of you good eggs. :)