Shopping list, advice and pointers....

Roo

One post saves time! Ok chaps getting some work done on the zed leading up to (possibly in to) summer, order as follows I think. If anyone has any better recomendations or thinks the order is all wrong shout up...

1. Refurb Rays (as they look pants) and get vredsteins ultrac's fitted.Thinking of getting wheels done at Prestige Wheels - close and have a good reputation but not cheap, they will fit tyres for free and I can order them off mytyres. I think in total it will set me back about £850.

2. get scratches and chips on paintwork sorted. I could do with a recommended local bodyshop (Chesterfield - North derbyshire/south yorkshire) its all small work but annoying me so I want somewhere happy with little jobs but not going to bodge it.... Recomendations anyone?

3. Braided brake lines, dot 5.1. (check discs and pads as am possibly thinking of a track day later this year and depeneding on what else I spend money on!)... I was thinking at CS for the lines and fluid - but would prefer to get them fitted locally if anyone can recommend somewhere else please let me know.

4. Alignment check.

Hiya.

I'm actually on the look-out for a good body shop around Notts (or anywhere in the Midlands) to sort out a few patches on the front of mine too so let me know if you do find anywhere. There's a place just down the road from my work (J28 M1) called P&L who have mustangs, some classics and other bits and pieces outside quite often, my mum got her Puma sorted there too. Might get a quote because they seem to do a good job.

Read up on 5.1 brake fluid -I did and went for dot 4 in the end...

And I'd recommend getting your allignment done ASAP after fitting new tyres or they may be knackered before you get round to checking...

One post saves time! Ok chaps getting some work done on the zed leading up to (possibly in to) summer, order as follows I think. If anyone has any better recomendations or thinks the order is all wrong shout up...

1. Refurb Rays (as they look pants) and get vredsteins ultrac's fitted.Thinking of getting wheels done at Prestige Wheels - close and have a good reputation but not cheap, they will fit tyres for free and I can order them off mytyres. I think in total it will set me back about £850.

2. get scratches and chips on paintwork sorted. I could do with a recommended local bodyshop (Chesterfield - North derbyshire/south yorkshire) its all small work but annoying me so I want somewhere happy with little jobs but not going to bodge it.... Recomendations anyone?

3. Braided brake lines, dot 5.1. (check discs and pads as am possibly thinking of a track day later this year and depeneding on what else I spend money on!)... I was thinking at CS for the lines and fluid - but would prefer to get them fitted locally if anyone can recommend somewhere else please let me know.

4. Alignment check.

get your wheels done at Nation alloys. Cheapaer, based in widness

http://www.nationalalloys.co.uk

Full refurbishment service - Single colour painted finnish- 18" - 20" £40.00 per wheel

4. Alignment check.

CS is a well respected trader with good prices mate but as far as the braided lines go there is a special offer being offered just now by Dixcel brakes ;) . Got to love a bargain!

viewtopic.php?f=122&t=32937

Read up on 5.1 brake fluid -I did and went for dot 4 in the end...

And I'd recommend getting your allignment done ASAP after fitting new tyres or they may be knackered before you get round to checking...

Not seen anything negative about 5.1... as long as its the right sort and not the silicon (non abs) version.. what have you read chap?

Alignment is currently fine (no uneven wear at all) but would want it checking after folks have had the car in the air, etc.

Just got a quote for my front end because I've got a 3" square hole in my laquer on the bonnet, and the bumper has a scuff since before I bought it...

£400 :surrender:

Then I asked about the rear end - someone at work scratched and slightly dented the rear quarter abover the petrol filler, plus there's a few scratches on the rear bumper - £250 for the bumper & rear quarter. A bit more reasonable.

What's everyone think about the £400 for the front end. Sounds a lot to me, especially considering I asked if he'd take the front bumper off and he said no. Said the cost was because he'd be blending it into the wings, but still...

I'll get a comparative quote but thought someone else on here must have had similar work done at some point.

Do you ever get the feeling you're being ripped off because you drive a sports car so they assume you're made of money? Or stupid.

had the front end of mine painted about 2 years ago for £450, they removed the bumper and headlights plus blended it into the wings :)

the match wasn't bad but the more i look at it the more it's slightly off, azure is a pain to match :blush: